Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doing jobs while unemployed?

Options
  • 08-04-2013 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

I have a skill from an old job that would cost very little to start,its a home repair service.I am well aware of the enterprise allowance for the unemployed but at the beginning i can't see this generating much so with 3 young kids i can't risk going on the enterprise allowance and losing our rent allowance, if work starts coming in i will jump at the chance of the enterprise allowance but for now is there anyway around doing a couple of jobs to test to see is there a market for this service and stay above board with social welfare?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

contact the Jobs Facilitator based in a Social Welfare Local Office or an Enterprise Officer in your local Partnership Company and ask to be allowed to do a feasability study.

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭enricoh

i've a mate who came off the dole to do home repairs, got a cupla grand off the social for equip n i think the first year tax free n dole.
    was talking to him recently and he was saying he should'a stayed on the dole coz he's now competing with lads on the dole for work. i.e lad on the dole will do a days work for 70-80 quid, whereas he needs 130-140 by the time he pays tax, vat etc. and nowadays most people only care about the final price

Advertisement