Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heist: 5.5 Tonnes Of Nutella Stolen

• 08-04-2013 4:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭

I think the Germans might need some AH’s help in solving this dastardly crime. First a load or energy drinks ,followed by the Nutella. Any ideas?.

Can’t see the police been able to outrun these guys.:rolleyes: The driver must have been nuts to park in Hersfeld ,given its reputation .:D
    A gang raided a parked lorry in Bad Hersfeld, Germany, making off with jars of chocolate spread worth £13,600 in total.
    Thieves in Germany have stolen 5.5 tonnes of Nutella, the chocolate-hazelnut spread.
    They stole the jars from a parked trailer in the central German town of Bad Hersfeld.
    The haul of Nutella, which is manufactured by the Italian company Ferrero, is worth around 16,000 euros (£13,600).
    Police said that an unknown number of culprits made off with the spread over the weekend.
    Germans news agency dpa reported that thieves had previously stolen a load of energy drinks from the same location.

http://news.sky.com/story/1075280/nutella-heist-5-5-tonnes-of-spread-stolen

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Energy drinks and Nutella... my kinda party!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

<Insert chocolate and/or nut pun here>

The bloody truck is worth more than the nutella. I'd say these are opportunistic heists, just taking whatever they can get.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

This would never happen in Good Hersfeld.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Holy fuck, I would sell the truck, use the money to build a pool and fill it with Nutella. That shit is amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

An even more shocking Nutella story... is THIS!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

If it happened in Ireland, we could assume it was the same people who stole the bread van last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

seamus wrote: »
    <Insert chocolate and/or nut pun here>

The bloody truck is worth more than the nutella. I'd say these are opportunistic heists, just taking whatever they can get.

5.5 tonnes of nutella is worth 54,725 euro based on a 200g tub from tesco at 1.99..........

If the truck had have been filled with petrol the contents would only be worth 12,489.741 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

"On the ground and spread 'em".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Could have been those lads from Brainiac, swimming pool of Nutella!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Mmmm. 5.5 Tonnes of Nutella. *drools*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

FatherLen wrote: »
    5.5 tonnes of nutella is worth 54,725 euro based on a 200g tub from tesco at 1.99..........

If the truck had have been filled with petrol the contents would only be worth 12,489.741 euro.
    Yeah, but Tesco are hardly going to buy a shipment of dodgy nutella. The contents would be sold at a small price to the first buyer.

The cab and trailer alone would be worth €50k minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Terry1985

It's clearly the work of squirrels.
    Check around nearby trees for freshly dug ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,325 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

<Insert chocolate and/or nut pun here> That's nuts.

FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Energy drinks and now Nutella.

Police are looking for a fat bloke who can't sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

its probably makeup for all those duck faced young wans you see on facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

Yeah, but Tesco are hardly going to buy a shipment of dodgy nutella.

no, but i might.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

There is a hint of something nutty in there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

There's some nuts out there I tella

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Yeah, but Tesco are hardly going to buy a shipment of dodgy nutella. The contents would be sold at a small price to the first buyer..

I doubt the police are working of the price of black market nutella. They would be quoting its actual worth. Possibly the cost price.

If 2 46" tvs that retail for €1000 each get stolen they wouldnt research what a stolen tv sells for and say "€600 of tvs stolen"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Am I the only person that doesn't like Nutella? I think it's icky.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

In all fairness, nutella is lovely. I'd steal it too if I could. Yum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Having worked in the past for a supermarket owner who was not averse to availing of a 'special offer' now and again I can tell you this type of crime is more widespread than you would think, and you'd be surprised at the places these goods end up also.

Lorry loads of stolen baked beans and bisto are trafficked every day. And no one bats an eyelid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Sounds like Sister Assumpta's Lenten fast has gone off the rails again :rolleyes:

Advertisement