Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trail Shoe

Options
  • 08-04-2013 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

I have just discovered trail shoes are compulsory for an upcoming event.
    Can anyone recommend a supplier (Dublin/Wicklow/online) where I can get a pair at budget !!

I tried one retailer but it looked like prices were in/around 100e.

If this is the only time they will be required its an expense I can do without.
    I don't mind wearing last season's colours!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

compulsory ! jeez..
    anyway i got an asics pair on startfitness.co.uk and theyl have a fair selection at different prices, millets either will have some, im sure even amazon will have some and youl get away without paying for postage..

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭SprinterSacre

Try sportshoes.com, had a quick look, Addidas Kanadia TR4 or 5 for about 50euro. I'm sure there are others for less. Free delivery also.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭kaiserjim

http://m.sportsdirect.com/mt/www.sportsdirect.com/mens/mens-running-shoes?dcp=3&un_jtt_v_un_PLP=yes&un_jtt_v_un_search=&un_jtt_redirect

Change the currency at the top of the screen and its euro for Sterling plus €1 delivery. Loads of choice newbalance trail from €22.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

I'd highly recommend the New Balance 110, very comfortable and great grip. Used it for a few adventure races and find them much better than the usual road running Asics.

Also bought from Sportsdirect with no issues:
    http://www.sportsdirect.com/new-balance-110-mens-trail-running-shoes-213080

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Great Outdoors or Amphibian King. Solomon Speed Cross II's would be my choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

quote from op "I tried one retailer but it looked like prices were in/around 100e.

If this is the only time they will be required its an expense I can do without."

if i was buying again and money was no object id get the speedcross too but like a lot of people i cant justify 100 euro on runners that will be used 4-5 times a year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

woody1 wrote: »
    compulsory ! jeez..

If it's the event I'm thinking of it's a requirement by the National Parks and Wildlife Service as opposed to the organisers.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

woody1 wrote: »
    quote from op "I tried one retailer but it looked like prices were in/around 100e.

If this is the only time they will be required its an expense I can do without."

if i was buying again and money was no object id get the speedcross too but like a lot of people i cant justify 100 euro on runners that will be used 4-5 times a year

Speedcross 2's are last season so are discounted versus Speedcross 3's. Still not €25 though

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭patg

Thanks all.
    The Sports Direct website looks fantastic.

Classic case of seeming such good fortune that its difficult not to end up spending far more than originally planned - shorts,gloves tights....

This Regard - you are probably right about the event - altho I see another post on this site saying its not allowed to be discussed here. Don't see why it would be so clandestine!!!

Anyway thanks all for the help. Its looking like Addidas Kanadia TR5 for EUR38.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭patg

But the MOST frustrating website I've used in a long time.
    Took ages and many re-entered details to get the order placed.
    Fingers crossed I get the gear now early next week.
    Thanks again for advice above.

• Advertisement
Advertisement