Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extenuating Circumstances twice?

Options
  • 08-04-2013 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

I applied for Extenuating Circumstances in the last semester which i was granted, however personal cirumstances that are cause stress ets have no changed and i am finding it incredibly difficult to study, would it be possible to apply again? what other options are there? cause i am finding it almost impossible to study or do assignments. cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Without trying to sound harsh, you'd be best off getting help surrounding the main issue as opposed to prolonging it with Extenuating Circumstances. UCD to their credit give great help when it comes to exams and assignments for those that need it but at the end of the day you still need to sit the exam and submit the assignment.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭07_12_90

well thats exactly what i am currently doing, buy my problem doesnt just disappear like that, plus with exams coming up, im finding it near impossible to study with 0% concentration, although im regisitered for this semester, i was hoping i could take time out to sort my issue out and return to college at a later date

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

You could ask for an IX or WX grade, and you could repeat the modules next year without having to pay repeat fees

oh really, its not too late to apply for that? how would i go about applying for that? cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭groovyg

Op talk to your programme office. If you have applied for extenuating circumstances before then you should know the procedure. Of course you can apply for extenuating circumstances more than once provided you have a supporting documentation e.g med cert.

Read up on the policy on extenuating circumstances and if your are unsure or have any questions contact your programme office.

http://www.ucd.ie/registry/academicsecretariat/extc.htm
    http://www.ucd.ie/registry/academicsecretariat/docs/extc_po.pdf
    http://www.ucd.ie/registry/academicsecretariat/docs/extcstudent_g.pdf
    http://www.ucd.ie/registry/academicsecretariat/docs/extc_f.doc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

As long as you have adequate supporting evidence, you'll be able to get extenuating circumstances.

I got it both semesters last year.

anyone know when the extenuating circumstances deadline is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

ironclaw wrote: »
    Without trying to sound harsh, you'd be best off getting help surrounding the main issue as opposed to prolonging it with Extenuating Circumstances. UCD to their credit give great help when it comes to exams and assignments for those that need it but at the end of the day you still need to sit the exam and submit the assignment.
    In fairness nobody likes going through hardship. I'm sure if it were possible to turn off the "personal difficulties tap" the OP would just do that, wouldn't we all !

Not criticising your post. Just that telling someone not to prolong their problem may not be constructive...

then again that depends on the problem, admittedly. I mean if the OP is upset that the spice girls are never getting back together, for example, then yeah, he needs to move on now.

lol i wish i was over the spice girls, but it is a much more serious issue that canno bwe sorted out just like that, hence why im applying for extenuating circumstances twice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭groovyg

07_12_90 wrote: »
    anyone know when the extenuating circumstances deadline is?

Did you not contact your programme office? Each school would have their own deadlines depending on when their exam boards on so it could vary from school to school.

• Advertisement
Advertisement