Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting my own business?

Options
  • 08-04-2013 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I have a few idea's of starting my own business. It will mostly involve adaptive equipment aids for disabled people.

Growing up with a disability I have come up with many different adaptations.
    The main idea is adaptive makeup applicators for people with very little movement in their arms. I used to wait around for others to do my makeup for me but now I can do it all on my own and even have started doing my friends and families as well. This product could help women all over do something that is so simple.

The only thing is I haven't a clue how to go about starting my own business. I'm not even sure if its a good idea at this time the way our country is at the moment. I will look into it a lot more before I do anything drastic I just need a few questions answered.

How do I get a patent? And then get a few manufactured so I can do more research and find out what changes need to be made in order for my product to suit most people.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Get onto your local enterprise board they should give you all the support and advice you need, they usually do a a 10 week course to get you started.
    Best or luck with your idea, hopefully grows into something a lot bigger.

Advertisement