Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Donegal

Options
  • 08-04-2013 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi
    I'm hoping to move to ballyshannon Donegal, but the broadband connection shows up as been amber. No one has been able to tell me is the ballyshannon exchange due for next generation upgrade.
    Also Where exactly is the exchange? I was hoping to find out exactly how I am from the exchange.
    I appreciate amber usually means 2.5k or more from the exchange, but I would like to figure out am I 3k with a 10% chance of getting broadband or 10k away with a 0% chance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭AidenL

lkilmartin wrote: »
    Hi
    I'm hoping to move to ballyshannon Donegal, but the broadband connection shows up as been amber. No one has been able to tell me is the ballyshannon exchange due for next generation upgrade.
    Also Where exactly is the exchange? I was hoping to find out exactly how I am from the exchange.
    I appreciate amber usually means 2.5k or more from the exchange, but I would like to figure out am I 3k with a 10% chance of getting broadband or 10k away with a 0% chance.
    Theres definitely broadband in Ballyshannon, I've had it for years and it is NGB enabled also. 

Exchange is it the roundabout, on left hand side as you come down the hill, beside/behind the Credit Union building.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

lkilmartin wrote: »
    Hi

Hi lkilmartin

If you have an address you would like me to check please PM me and I may be able to offer an indication as to what speeds may be available.

There is indeed broadband in ballyshannon however like anywhere speeds would be affected by distance to the exchange.

The Ballyshannon is also NGB enabled with max speeds reaching up to 8mb.

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭AidenL

Hi lkilmartin

If you have an address you would like me to check please PM me and I may be able to offer an indication as to what speeds may be available.

There is indeed broadband in ballyshannon however like anywhere speeds would be affected by distance to the exchange.

The Ballyshannon is also NGB enabled with max speeds reaching up to 8mb.

Al
    I'm getting 9.3 down at the moment from Ballyshannon exchange though.....

2636326978.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Orange is for lines that are at least 5km.

Lines showing up as amber are probably not tested yet, so they get a conditional pass on the assumption they will pass when the line is tested.

Advertisement