Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cracked iPhone 4S Screen

• 08-04-2013 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi

I'm wondering how easy is it to replace a cracked iPhone 4S screen? Can any joe soap (me for instance) do it or does it need to go into a repair shop? If it is something you can do at home are screens expensive? And if it is a repair shop how much could I expect to pay?

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

DIY €30-40ish cost on part/postage
    Shop €60-€80

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Search youtube and you'll see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Elides13 wrote: »
    Hi

I'm wondering how easy is it to replace a cracked iPhone 4S screen? Can any joe soap (me for instance) do it or does it need to go into a repair shop? If it is something you can do at home are screens expensive? And if it is a repair shop how much could I expect to pay?

Many thanks

If you check out sycron.ie you can find a price for the part (DIY) or repair.
    Part (ex vat): www.syncron.ie/iPHONE_4S_LCD_TOUCH_SCREEN_DIGITIZER_ASSEMBLY_p/175.htm
    Repair (incl vat):
    www.syncron.ie/category_s/131.htm
    Have done this once myself and usually enjoy some DIY but won't be doing it again. It's very fiddly with a lot of easily lost tiny screws. It took me well over an hour to do. You'll probably need some special tools for it as well, but they often come with the screen or are <€2. There are a few good step by step videos on YouTube if you want to check it out. I'd opt for a repair shop though.
    No affiliation with syncron just have good experience with them.

Advertisement