Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange buzz sound from Sony Vaio CW

Options
  • 08-04-2013 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hello there, i come to you with a problem.
    I have a Sony Vaio CW series which is quite reliable but has this problem that started about 8 months ago;
    When it's playing any sound, from a movie or music etc., it makes a strange buzzing sound.
    The buzz lasts about a second and can occur at any time, any amount of times.
    I've tried updating the sound drivers and have looked everywhere for a solution but no luck. :(

Would be very grateful if someone could help me please!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,319 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

sounds like an electrical issue. is it in warranty or under a protection plan, does it happen when its on battery power or just charging

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭jimjamcoolio

Overheal wrote: »
    sounds like an electrical issue. is it in warranty or under a protection plan, does it happen when its on battery power or just charging
    Nah it's out of that.

I actually don't know. It's spent it's whole life plugged in the battery life doesn't last longer than 10 minutes :o

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Try running the laptop just on AC Power with battery removed, does it help?

Nick

Advertisement