Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3 Premium confusion

Options
  • 08-04-2013 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭

Hi,
    I got BF3 premium which I understood included all the expansion packs, but every time I go to join a server I get an error saying I need to download and install Close Quarters or some other expansion Pack. When I look to see what packs I have in Origin I only see BF3 limited edition showing up, and none of the other expansion packs. What is the story with this hustle, does Premium do what it says on the can or what. TIA John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Premium only included one expansion pack I think , back to Karkand , I could be wrong on that though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

jonski wrote: »
    Premium only included one expansion pack I think , back to Karkand , I could be wrong on that though
    Nah, Premium should include all DLCs.

Your best bet would be to contact EA. You'll get their contact info somewhere in the last 10-15 threads in the forum here...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Nah, Premium should include all DLCs.

Your best bet would be to contact EA. You'll get their contact info somewhere in the last 10-15 threads in the forum here...

Indeed it should , it was the Limited edition that I was thinking of .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

In Origin, right click the BF3 icon, and choose game details. The available expansions are listed at the bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Battlefield 3 Limited Edition contains the Back To Karkand expansion pack.
    Battlefield 3 Premium contains all the expansions including BTK expansion.

You will have to install the expansions seperatly, and unless your running a very fast internet connection, be prepared to wait to play them expansions. Downloads are huge, and the patches for them are also huge.

I suggest installing them seperately, and play them, and download as per what maps/expansions you want to play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Walker34

Hi,
    but how do I install the expansion packs......they are not showing up in Origin like I expected them to. Thanks for the replies folks BTW. Kohn

Lord Nikon wrote: »
    Battlefield 3 Limited Edition contains the Back To Karkand expansion pack.
    Battlefield 3 Premium contains all the expansions including BTK expansion.

You will have to install the expansions seperatly, and unless your running a very fast internet connection, be prepared to wait to play them expansions. Downloads are huge, and the patches for them are also huge.

I suggest installing them seperately, and play them, and download as per what maps/expansions you want to play.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Walker34 wrote: »
    Hi,
    but how do I install the expansion packs......they are not showing up in Origin like I expected them to. Thanks for the replies folks BTW. Kohn

Which ones showed when you followed my instructions?

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Walker34

Have it sorted at last...........thanks for help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

You might not have the updates

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

Walker34 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I got BF3 premium which I understood included all the expansion packs, but every time I go to join a server I get an error saying I need to download and install Close Quarters or some other expansion Pack. When I look to see what packs I have in Origin I only see BF3 limited edition showing up, and none of the other expansion packs. What is the story with this hustle, does Premium do what it says on the can or what. TIA John

have you tried installing the expansions in origin?

click on battlefield 3 in origin,
    click the information symbol on the pop up,
    and then scroll down a bit.

they should be there to download / buy if you don't own them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

If I get the BF3 Premium CD from Amazon, will I also need to Download the DLC's or are they on the DVD?

Advertisement