Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wrestlemania XXX Packages/Info thread.

1121314151618»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Hope everyone has a great safe time in New Orleans!

Would love to know how ye got on, what the atmosphere was like, some great reviews on here from the trip to WM29 would love to read ones from WM30.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭The Fly

Just got back yesterday still pretty tired / jet lagged from another great trip

Axxess is so much better back in the convention center again, last year I left early after being disappointed with the crammed arena setup. Met Salughter, D Bryan, Christian, Big Show and Swagger/Colter (who were hilarious together when waiting in the queue - both regularly posing/pushing each other around and Jack even went to use to public toilet randomly mid signing!). Also caught HBK doing a Q&A in the ring! All in all a fun time although the queues got really big on the Saturday afternoon sesh

HOF was a long but an entertaining night. Mr T's speech was especially surreal to watch. It was so random and the crowd went from taking him serious and clapping to breaking out in fits of laughter before the end...

Mania was a great rowdy crowd and a top show. Obviously everyone around me and the whole stadium stunned thinking there was a mistake on the Taker match... as much as it pissed us all off it is going to be a massive Mania moment to be remembered that I'm glad I was there for

Raw was another fun show although personally was freezing as hell up in the rafters for most of the show!! Disappointed by the lack of Sting but still enjoyed the show and chants

Stayed in the Drury Inn hotel which was an ideal spot for the wrestling stuff and also close to the french quarter. As everything was walking distance there were fans everywhere, really did take over the town. Bourbon st was fun but I enjoyed Royal St more in the day time anyway (had more live music and street act going on down there). Also took in a trip on the Steamboat and the Aquarium.

Wrapped up the trip by researching Mania 31 in the hotel lobby on the morning of flying back (addicted!). Look forward for the planning to begin again :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭Gambino Capo

Had a blast down there in NOLA. Went to Axxess sessions on Thursday, Friday, and 2 on Saturday. Met a lot of superstars n divas and got pics and autographs with/from them.

Paige - words can't express the hotness that is that chick
    Emma - that accent tho....
    Alexa Bliss - very pretty girl
    Dean Ambrose - too F'n cool. All 3 members appeared alone. Why I don't know. Missed out on Seth.
    Roman Reigns - cool n great sense of humor
    The Wyatt Family - surprised they did so many signings. Cool guys
    The Real Americans w/ Zeb - Zeb is funny and Swagger is hilarious. Cesaro appeared alone while Swag n Zeb were together. Strange.
    Paul Heyman - living legend
    Jim Ross - signed a bottle of his BBQ sauce for me
    Ryback - pretty much lives his character. Not a bad thing. Cool guy
    Dolph Ziggler - always cool. Really enjoys these types of things
    The Uso's - had their shirt on so they gave me xtra props for that. Good guys
    Fandango - by product of meeting Summer Rae. Ok guy though.
    Summer Rae- those legs tho... Hot!
    Titus O'neal - *does bark* really nice dude
    Zack Ryder - always cool.
    Tamina - so far from the tough girl she plays on tv. Gorgeous!
    Eva Marie - #AllRedEverything That girl is FIRE!!!!
    Naomi & Cameron - just wanted to take the home :D
    Vickie Guerrero - cougar indeed!
    Lilian Garcia - always loved her. Beautiful!

The highlight for me though was meeting Bret Hart. My all time fav. Took a pic with me and him holding up Nattie's shirt.

Then had that pic signed by Natalya her self and Tyson Kidd. Anything Hart Family I'm there.

HoF - we were at Axxess all day leading in to the HoF so it was nice to just sit down, kick back and relive the inductees careers as told by them. Really enjoyed the DDP/Jake The Snake stories. Mr T speech about his Mother was classic. In tears through the whole thing. Always enjoy the HoF.

WM 30 - we spent the day on Bourbon St up until about 430 then we headed over to the Silver... Uh Superdome. An adventure just to get to our seats. Was in Sec 104 Row 8. Must've taken 40-45mins. Once we got there though it was time to let the good times roll. Awesome PPV!the sights and sounds after The Taker/Lesnar finish.. Just wow! Funny and frightening at the same time.

Raw - hilarious chants all night long. Proud to have been apart. Really wanted to see Sting debut but guess we have to wait a little longer.

Was in the airport tues morning already planning and looking ahead to 31. This really is a year round task. But I love doing it and will continue to do it for as long as I'm able.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭WWE Queen

^ Great wrap up Gambino :)

It's been about a month and a half since Wrestlemania 30... OMG we had a blast... Our first Wrestlemania experience - all I can say is WOW - it definitely wont be our last!!!

We bought the Platinum Travel Package - and we booked an extra night at our hotel - we had The Marriott in Canal Street... Fabulous!
    We went to the 9pm session of "An Evening with Jim Ross" at the House of Blues - outrageously good for any wrestling fan... surprise special guest was Stone Cold Steve Austin. We were 3rd row on the floor and very close. Surfice to say - the crowd went nuts and i took lots of photos... We had VIP tickets, got my shirt signed/wwe tour program signed and got a great photo with him... On the way there we bumped into Jim Cornette and I got a photo with him... apparently he was the guest at JR's 6.30pm show.
    Friday we had axxess and VIP signing with Batista.... was great fun... Cena was before Batista and was running overtime... we were there early and lined up... about 10 in line for Batista so we got up to the front and got to shake Cena's hand - very cool even though I'm not a fan. The "Brock Lesnar Guy" was three people in front of me in line - I didnt get a photo with him but got a photo of him.. (kicking myself). I had 3 photos I took of Batista at an Australian tour and the lady said I could only get one signed... when i got up there he signed all 3 :) was very very nice... he looked at the photos and said "gee I look big in these photos" and smiled at me... I said - do you want one? (i had extras) he said - "oh no its ok - It kind of makes me sad that im not that big anymore... thanks very much for the offer" and smiled. He said it was nice to meet me and thanked me. very happy with my photo with him....
    We went to the Saturday morning session and I met Alberto Del Rio -who kept winking at me hahaha - he's such a player. Christian was charming too - so glad I got a photo with him...
    We saw Linda McMahon come out with HHH's kids briefly to meet a kid in a wheelchair and get a photo - there was security all around them and it happened so quickly that i didnt even get a chance to take a photo... ahh!!! i didnt wait in line but i went up and took a few photos. Zeb and Jack Swagger were fabulous - I saw all their antics - like "The Fly" said above... saw Trish and HBK in the ring doing interviews....
    New Orleans was fantastic!!!! Bourbon Street was fabulous - bumped into Lillian Garcia and got a photo. Also Road Dogg... Saw Heath Slater and Jinder Mahal walk past too. We were waiting at the corner hotdog stand after Raw and we turn around to see Jerry Lawler waiting there with his girlfriend... He had the "dont take a photo" look on his face... so i didnt ask. some other guy asked and they walked away straight away. i got a photo of him walking away...
    Wrestlemania was unbelievable - a dream come true! i got air time with my sign... 3 times on the live show (I noticed they cut one out on the dvd).... its the green sign at the start that said "Finally... I made it to Wrestlemania" - that's me :))) (it got on to WWe.com as well).
    Funny story about our seats at Mania. We got seats on the aisle... 10 rows back from the ring in section H which was on the right side of the ramp as the wrestlers walk down - we got there fairly early - i was in shock for about half an hour - i couldnt believe i was actually there!!! 3 guys came along that were in our row... one in a wheelchair... they were in the row we were in.. two of them asked to swap seats with us as obviously the guy in the wheelchair could not get through to his seat... (He busted his knee 3 weeks earlier at soccer and wasnt going the miss it). So we got a lot closer to the action.... we were about 5 people in from the ramp instead of 12 people in... so we were happy...
    Raw was amazing even though we were still hungover

We continued on to Las Vegas - got married - which was amazing, then went on to LA and went to Disneyland....
    AMAZING 3 week trip of a lifetime!!! I took so many photos!!!! only 5,000 of them :))))

If you are thinking of going to Wrestlemania - dont think about it - plan ahead, save your money and go - you wont regret it....
    we are thinking of going in about 4-5 years again :)))

the only tips I have is be prepared - watch this forum for lots of great tips and travel tips... i did... we got great flight deals by shopping around... we flew with delta over and domestic and virgin return... no complaints with either of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭Gambino Capo

Glad you enjoyed ur 1st Mania. It truly is the weekend to end all weekends. Oh and congrats on the marriage too!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement