Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exchange Backhaul upgrade

Options
  • 08-04-2013 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Hi i was wondering when Scariff Exchange on Co. Clare will be getting its backhaul upgraded , Congestion is extremely bad here after 6pm with ping being 300ms+ download speed dropping to half a meg .

I am a Vodafone Customer , And when they sent an eircom engineer out to check my line , he confirmed the problem was the eircom exchange being severly congested , and the backhaul needed to be upgraded , but could not give me a timeline as to when it would be done. This problem has been around for over 2 years and nothing has been done fix it , Its A joke .

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

djskip316i wrote: »
    Hi i was wondering when Scariff Exchange on Co. Clare will be getting its backhaul upgraded , Congestion is extremely bad here after 6pm with ping being 300ms+ download speed dropping to half a meg .

I am a Vodafone Customer , And when they sent an eircom engineer out to check my line , he confirmed the problem was the eircom exchange being severly congested , and the backhaul needed to be upgraded , but could not give me a timeline as to when it would be done. This problem has been around for over 2 years and nothing has been done fix it , Its A joke .

It would affect the whole of Scariff though, Getting all your neighbours to complain early and often to their carriers is the only way to push an upgrade to NGB ( NGB means modern uncongested backhaul).

Alternatively attract a competent wireless operator in as their backhaul would be less congested.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭djskip316i

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    It would affect the whole of Scariff though, Getting all your neighbours to complain early and often to their carriers is the only way to push an upgrade to NGB ( NGB means modern uncongested backhaul).

Alternatively attract a competent wireless operator in as their backhaul would be less congested.
    Been there and done that , eircom just keep ignoring us  , Fixed wireless is too expensive @ 200 euro install fee and 40 euro a month for 2meg , I see that killaloe about 10 miles away is listed for Phase 5 of the FFTC Rollout , Killaloe is the same size as scariff , they have NGB for the past few years , why has scariff not even planned for NGB yet .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Scariff has no fibre would be one reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

djskip316i wrote: »

Hi djskip316i

I'm sorry to confirm that unfortunately there are no plans to upgrade or make any changes to the Scarrif exchange. Apologies for this inconvenience.

Regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭djskip316i

Hi djskip316i

I'm sorry to confirm that unfortunately there are no plans to upgrade or make any changes to the Scarrif exchange. Apologies for this inconvenience.

Regards

Al
    Absolutely ridiculous

• Advertisement
Advertisement