Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wholesale Price Butchers in D15

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

T-K-O wrote: »
    That is correct, that is also a great price when you consider the cost price. The cuberolls, are they Irish

Have no idea, there are no labels on the packaging but coming out of a meat processing plant I would just presume they were from the plant and were Irish.

The pack I got was 2.6 kilo (91.6oz) apart from about 4 small pieces 4-5 oz the rest were around 8-10 oz, I'm sure some butchers might say that they are off cuts but for home cooking I don't mind having 2 5oz on my plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Zaph wrote: »
    I've just seen their mobile advertising when I was driving down Mountview Road. It was a guy in a wheelchair pulling a trailer behind him with signs for DMC on it. It must have been pretty heavy because he really appeared to be struggling. I actually felt quite sorry for the guy.

Jesus that sounds bad out alright ...

I've just seen their mobile advertising when I was driving down Mountview Road. It was a guy in a wheelchair pulling a trailer behind him with signs for DMC on it. It must have been pretty heavy because he really appeared to be struggling. I actually felt quite sorry for the guy.

Zaph, are you acting the .....x,:pac: who would do that for advertising.?
    Maybe the guy in the wheelchair took the trailer from the shop.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Maybe, but he certainly wouldn't have been able to make a quick getaway without anyone noticing, so I'd rule out theft.

Went up to Kepak last week to get a few bits but there was a sign up saying "shop closed this week".

So I rang today to be told that it wasn't open and wouldn't be for the foreseeable future.

Anyone hear anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,987 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

nudger wrote: »
    Went up to Kepak last week to get a few bits but there was a sign up saying "shop closed this week".

So I rang today to be told that it wasn't open and wouldn't be for the foreseeable future.

Anyone hear anything?

kack, i was planning on heading up next week!

stevieob wrote: »
    kack, i was planning on heading up next week!

Hopefully they are building a bigger shop but don't think so.

They should move it away from the factory, closer to the gate, better business hours, a bit of advertising and with the growing population in the area should do well.

Hopefully they are building a bigger shop but don't think so.

They should move it away from the factory, closer to the gate, better business hours, a bit of advertising and with the growing population in the area should do well.

if they do that, the prices will go up. leave it as it is I say

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭dicky82

I've seen this guy a few times. At first I felt a bit sorry for him too, then I copped on and thought more power to him, he wouldn't be doing it if he didn't want to. There are worse ways to earn a few quid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

He's been outside my girls school a few times too. The first time I saw him I remember Zaph's post and felt sorry for him but he's not being forced into it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭truebluesac

Does he get your attention ? Yes
    Do you remember what he was advertising ? Yes

Would you have taken notice of an able bodied person and their sign as much ? Doubt it

Marketing and advertiseing at its best . Im sure he is or has been well reimbursted for his partisipatation .

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭dicky82

it got me thinking, i used to deliver leaflets as a nipper. it was handy pocket money for youngsters full of energy. if companies made up a few of these trailers to attach onto bikes/ bmx's it would be even handier way of earning a few quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭wardie101

Anyone hear anything?

I went up last Friday and the security guy just said its all closed up a few weeks now :(

He didnt think there was any plans to reopen

wardie101 wrote: »
    I went up last Friday and the security guy just said its all closed up a few weeks now :(

He didnt think there was any plans to reopen

I hope not, there meat was great and well priced.

Might give them a buzz and see if you can order say 20kg and pay and collect at a set time, I'm missing the rump cap and haven't seen it any where else.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I'm sure any half decent butchers shop will get a rump cap if you want it, in my experience once you order in advance you can get any cut of meat you want.

Gaspode wrote: »
    I'm sure any half decent butchers shop will get a rump cap if you want it, in my experience once you order in advance you can get any cut of meat you want.

Yes but at a wholesale price for a special cut, not easy.

Rang Kepak, shop is gone, no reason given.

But found a place that they supply, not dublin 15 but not too far away.:)

where, don't keep us in suspense!!!

stevieob wrote: »
    where, don't keep us in suspense!!!

pm sent. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭RTT

Could you please let me know where that is? Such a pity that the Kepak shop is closed!

RTT wrote: »
    Could you please let me know where that is? Such a pity that the Kepak shop is closed!

I haven't checked if it will open again, pity it closed, was only getting used to the bargains, pm sent.:)

• Advertisement

Couldn't believe it, saw the guy the other day in the wheelchair with the tow bar/ hook on the back, heading in to work at the shop.

He wasn't moving very fast even without the trailer but fair play to him.

Advertisement