Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Baldurs Gate?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

quarryman wrote: »
    I can never understand why people go looking for mods on a first playthrough.
    Come on, give a guy a break!
    You know you just answered your question with:
    Just get the widescreen mod and you're set.
    :confused:

I did say graphics mods, all I'm looking to do is improve the graphics and resolution, not change the game balance &/or story.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Sweet pack there, drool. How does the enhanced differ from the original with mods?

As far as I know the Enhanced edition is not very different to the original with mods. It has a zoom option but the graphics don't improve as you zoom so little point to it. They added some new companions and a separate combat driven thingy called The Pit or something.

I read recently they had tried to get the original assets to redo the graphics but they are lost apparently so in the end most of the enhancements are not much better than the mods you can get for the original.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Skerries wrote: »

I don't suppose this results in Steam keys?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I doubt it, or I'd be snapping it up.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I got that pack from Gamersgate before, it's not a steam key unfortunately, it's a but (I think 11.5GB) executable that'll install the games in one go.

However, Gamersgate retains all stuff you've bought from it and just lets you download it any time - it's not quite Steam, but it's not bad.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'd trust steam to be around longer with my game downloads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭gouche

I'd trust steam to be around longer with my game downloads!

True but €6 for those games is a steal.
    Downloading them as we speak - looking forward to getting stuck into Baldur's Gate 1.
    D&D and Infinity Engine games passed me by when I was younger due to lack of PC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

IIRC with Gamersgate you can install the game and simply copy the folder to a backup folder. It's not client based so you can play the newly copied files at any time

Or at least you cab do that with some games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Yeah, its still not quite the same as having it on my steam list forever and ever, kept up to date and ready to play with a double click.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I demand an update Zulu. Did you get stuck into either of BG1 or 2?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I finished bg 1 there a week or two ago with a load of mods installed, played a monk it was good fun but i didnt find it half as interesting as bg 2, which im playing now overall a much better game. Im a evil priest of talos twahhahaha peasants.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

So I bought that complete pack. And I installed the Tutu mod. And I started playing. I've only just gotten outside the castle with my dad/guardian getting killed. ...I'll be slow progressing as I've feic all time to play, but it seems ok so far. I'm not hooked yet...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Zulu wrote: »
    So I bought that complete pack. And I installed the Tutu mod. And I started playing. I've only just gotten outside the castle with my dad/guardian getting killed. ...I'll be slow progressing as I've feic all time to play, but it seems ok so far. I'm not hooked yet...

You're only barely out of the tutorial section, impossible to judge at this point. Try not to consider packing it in until you get to Baldur's Gate. Remember it's a long complex game, you'll need to play a few hours at a time to get into it. It could take months or years to finish.

Once you get a party assembled, start kitting them out and getting attached to them you'll start to enjoy it more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Just saw this on RPS and thought I'd bring it to the attention of other BG fans: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/06/06/mad-mod-recreates-baldurs-gate-in-neverwinter-nights-2/

It's a mod which remakes Baldur's Gate with the Neverwinter Nights 2 engine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Was just about to post this, downloading it now.
    Pretty damn excited!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Beat me by a minute as well. We're all on the ball today :P

Downloading it now as well.

That sounds awesome

Advertisement