Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good place for weekend breakfast in D15 or surrounding areas

Options
  • 08-04-2013 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Looking for a nice place for a fry in D15 or surrounds.

Am particularly picky about my pudding and sausage - like a good flavour sausage and a good flavour and texture pudding i.e. a nice textured oaty pudding. None of your Dennys please.

Any suggestions?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bassboxxx

I had a brekky in Clarke's in Cabra last weekend....bacon and sausages were great. The brown bread was tops...the pudding was nice...but I'm no expert on pudding so it could be either great or crap..:)

It was real easy on the stomach and there's cakes there for afters if you're into it...

I know it's no D15 but it's not a million miles away either.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Bassboxxx wrote: »
    I had a brekky in Clarke's in Cabra last weekend....bacon and sausages were great. The brown bread was tops...the pudding was nice...but I'm no expert on pudding so it could be either great or crap..:)

It was real easy on the stomach and there's cakes there for afters if you're into it...

I know it's no D15 but it's not a million miles away either.

Interesting! Sounds very nice. But I would really have to know about the pudding before I ventured there.

Anyone else got any recommendations?

Jezz you are pudding fussy..lol

There's also the Cafe in Ongar, Rendezvous I think....their pudding was defo nicer and more oaty...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

:p yep I'm fussy!

What about the twelfth lock?

Anyone know what their sausage and puddings are like?

Never had brekkie there..last time I ate there was a good while ago, and I can't remember being blown away...

A good fry up/grill is hard to get...used to love a place in Dunshaughlin, Fadelma's...but even that has gone downhill by all reports...shame...:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

You need somewhere that serves Clonakilty pudding. Why not ring around a few places? Maybe Douglas and Kaldi in Ashtown?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Gaspode wrote: »

Talk about dragging up old threads some of the info is from 2008 ;)

I would highly recommend the Brock Inn on the Asbourne Road excellent fry up.
    Clarke's is very good but not open on Sunday's

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Have never had the full fry at the twelfth lock but the rest of the breakfast menu is gorgeous. Betelnut in the shopping centre (beside Draoicht) is good as well, and the Amber cafe in Blanch village is very good value for money - huge spread! Mocha Bean in Roselawn SC is also good.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The Hungry Monkey in Mulhuddart isn't gonna win any Michelin Stars but it's a cosy little spot that has a decent breakfast/brunch menu.

I'm bloody starving now!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭gabsdot40

I'd second the Hungry Monkey. it's a lovely little cafe, very nice food, and it's reasonably priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

12th lock does it for me!

Advertisement