Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New nightclub CRUSH 87 opening soon

Comments

It will always be known as Trinity Rooms to me, mainly because I don't think I can ever bring myself to say Crush 87 as its a stupid name. Best of luck to Tucker and the team though. God knows Limerick could do with another night club. A good one this time

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

shaaane wrote: »
    God knows Limerick could do with another night club. A good one this time

Judging by the musicians/artists/DJs listed under the "Likes" section of their Facebook page, it's going to cater for one taste in music and little else.

Judging by the musicians/artists/DJs listed under the "Likes" section of their Facebook page, it's going to cater for one taste in music and little else.

As long as Nikki Minaj or the likes isin't on that list, I'll be happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

There is another thread on this in the last few days.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056739582&page=7

Rubbish name btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20 Mr.Mackey

At least they can pride them as being one of the few places in Limerick city that don't have absolute jerks on the door,

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Looks awful whoever is the person running the page or its either a piss take

The album of pics is chronic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Terrible name for a club, sounds quite dated, but best of luck to them as anything that brings in a few new jobs is good news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ya seems like its just going to be another regurgitation of every club we have had in Limerick, just pounding dance music, but I suppose thats the crowd that they are looking to cater for.

I hope they use their heads and charge something respectable to get in and have decent bouncers on the door. The difference between bouncers in the UK and Ireland is actually incredible. Can't see myself going in here too often though I have to say.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

As long as Nikki Minaj or the likes isin't on that list, I'll be happy.

Swedish House Mafia, Steve Aoki, Avicii, Faithless, Massive Attack, Daft Punk, The Prodigy, Fatboy Slim, Pete Tong, Tiësto, loads of other small-time DJs.

They'd have been better off calling it the Booms Booms Rooms. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

sounds like you wont like this place unless you where born after '87

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

What a stupid name for a nightclub, I suppose it will live up to it anyway by not being able to move inside there at peak time :D

Interesting times ahead does Limerick have the need for another club outside peak student times

See on the paper during the week that the Granary building is at the lates stages of being sold with Failte Ireland looking to go in there

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/business/local-business/city-hall-closes-in-on-deal-to-purchase-the-granary-1-5033314

Cant see where the Orchard will get the people to fill a nightclub,was in there the Saturday night of the Munster Leinster match and it was empty we counted 25 people there at 1.30am went in after being at a party in the Absolut Hotel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

At 1.30am on any night, if you're going to a nightclub you'd be already there imo

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭310

but in limerick you have to be a regular to get in too most pubs and clubs will not be going their in a hurry

310 wrote: »
    but in limerick you have to be a regular to get in too most pubs and clubs will not be going their in a hurry

Really? Haven't heard the "regulars only" line at all in the 6+ years I've been going out in town.

Regulars only its a nice way to refuse people im led to believe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

CVs must have photo attached??

Mc Love wrote: »
    CVs must have photo attached??

Looks like ya gotta be purty to work there. Thats me out :(

• Advertisement

I can see Limerick's socialites forming a queue for this place. Gives them another opportunity to get their faces in the Out and About section of the Limerick Post.

bazz26 wrote: »
    I can see Limerick's socialites forming a queue for this place. Gives them another opportunity to get their faces in the Out and About section of the Limerick Post.

Limerick has socialites?

Is photos on CVs is that legal I wonder?

As I said in the other thread cant see where they are going to get the numbers to fill a club opening in the summer time

Photos on a CV used to be a thing with the Eastern Europeans (could still be the case). When I worked in retail 7 years ago or so, nearly all the CVs from the Eastern Europeans had a passport photo attached.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

bigpink wrote: »
    Is photos on CVs is that legal I wonder?

It is indeed, if you have ever applied for a job in the last 2 or 3 years you will see that most places want to see a mugshot of you.... especially Multti-national corporations and the like!

They only request it just to confirm it's yourself on that Facebook profile that they are sneakily reading....

:D

Limerick has socialites?
    Self proclaimed.

bazz26 wrote: »
    Self proclaimed.

Ah yes. A few names come to mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Could we have a "Nightclub Quarter" just like our "Fashion Quarter". I have yet to see anything or buy anything in the "Fashion Quarter"...

• Advertisement

Trinity was a nice club with the 2 rooms and courtyard anyone know how much it use to hold?

Facebook doesn't look great tho seems to be go going for the boom dance dj 18 year old crowd

Advertisement