Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New nightclub CRUSH 87 opening soon

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

In Trinity Or Orchard?My friends band met some owner/manager and said a total A hole to deal with

Altho they seem to be intend on cleaning the Icon out,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

bigpink wrote: »
    In Trinity Or Orchard?My friends band met some owner/manager and said a total A hole to deal with

Altho they seem to be intend on cleaning the Icon out,

Orchard. Some dude with a quiff,tan and pointy shoes. Small man syndrome...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Fairly busy down there tonight for a first night. Wedged actually would be a better word! Tailed off near the end though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Saw one comment on Facebook saying it looks class, totally different from trinity rooms and another saying it looks the exact same and that there must have been no money spent on it.

Any people here have a look?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Jofspring wrote: »
    Saw one comment on Facebook saying it looks class, totally different from trinity rooms and another saying it looks the exact same and that there must have been no money spent on it.

Dont know really, but was talking to someone working on the refit and he reckoned they were spending a lot of money...mentioned something about cars coming out of walls and the like..but reckoned it was costing big bucks.

Without knocking walls and stuff, how much different from Trinity rooms could it really be? Not very I would imagine,

• Advertisement

Jofspring wrote: »

It's the same but different if it makes any sense. It's the same structure as trinity rooms and some of the bars are the same but the dance floors and layout, fixtures, lights etc are all different. There has been money spent on it I'd imagine. The cars by the the DJ box are a neat touch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

What about the *ahem* rats?

seachto7 wrote: »
    There was never any rats. Fabricated story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

seachto7 wrote: »

The dealers?

Went in Thursday for a look as it was free in,no way a million euro spent on it
    Same as Trinity with a few cars and made a bit smaller in the big part of the club.Crowd very mixed but a lot of young ones too so they need be get strict on being 21s

• Advertisement

They deleted a lot of comments on facebook again

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Cityslicker1

Went for a look last night and it's pretty much the same inside. The only changes are things you would barely notice like lighting,seating and the dance floor has steps up to it now which was once on ground level!There was no seperate DJ in the section with the arched ceiling like there used to be just the same music playing from the main area. There was no music in the courtyard and was too clustered with chairs and tables up on top of each other. When I read how much was spent on the revamp I was expecting big changes but that wasn't the case!In saying all that it's great to see the place open again as it's definitely the nicest venue in Limerick with the courtyard surrounded by thr granary stone work and arches!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Madias

.... and the winner of the complete s.h.i.t.e club is ....... "Crush 87" ....*(wait for applause) would not go there is you gave me a million anything!!!!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Madias wrote: »
    .... and the winner of the complete s.h.i.t.e club is ....... "Crush 87" ....*(wait for applause) would not go there is you gave me a million anything!!!!!

Somebody got kicked out/refused entry/ignored by the talent they were chasing*!

[*delete as appropriate]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Was there tonight! Very like Trinity Rooms in a good way!
    The crowd was okay...young and old.

I shall return. :pac:

That's what I wanted to hear. I may darken their doors next weekend. Couldn't be any worse than dicon

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

What's the music like? The list of artists on their Facebook page a few months back put me off going so far.

What's the music like? The list of artists on their Facebook page a few months back put me off going so far.

I'd love to see Paul Webb behind the decks there again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

It's exactly what you'd expect it to be. Mainly chart with a few classics thrown in here and there.

I have been there twice the opening Thursday night and Friday night
    Crowd very mixed few very young and scobey looking lads but they must be 20 if in.The music is very dance,even the chart songs are dance or electro mixes so seem to be going that direction

• Advertisement

Have been in there a few times now. I like it. It's a change from the icon. Music is more dancy but I prefer that to the generic chart ****e everywhere else. One or two heads but you will get that anywhere. Didnt notice anyone that would put me off it. One thing I did notice though is the talent of ladies there. Unreal altogether!

I'm no spring chicken either! Wrong side of 30!

Best thing about it though is now there's a choice of places to go especially on a Sunday as that's my prefered night out. Was sick of it being just icon cos I despise angel lane.

Angel Lane opened great at the start open 4 nights a week think its only open Saturday nights now

bigpink wrote: »
    Angel Lane opened great at the start open 4 nights a week think its only open Saturday nights now

Never liked angel lane though. Terrible design for a nightclub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    Never liked angel lane though. Terrible design for a nightclub.

Too many stairs!

Mc Love wrote: »
    Too many stairs!

And too many kids.

Think Angel Lane is a nicer club than Icon design wise.Wonder will they all be able to keep a crowd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Level 23 isnt bad, the middle bar always has loads of space, a rare commodity on a saturday night

Guess level 23 is a good idea if they cant fill a whole club have 2 different crowds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

It's exactly what you'd expect it to be. Mainly chart with a few classics thrown in here and there.

why even bother opening a new club if its going to be the exact same as the clubs already there. youd think the declining business in clubs would show them that they have to try new ideas instead of the popular chart crap and just a mix of young and old generic crap. it sounds liek they arent trying anything new but just trying to please as many people as possible and compete directly with dicon and the lane. i just dont see the point

• Advertisement

No way was there a million euro spend on it,its nice but I was expecting to go wow

Advertisement