Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New nightclub CRUSH 87 opening soon

124»

Comments

Was in Crush last night for the first time. Bit of a trinity rooms nostalgic effect to the place. I like it. Can't really see where all that money was spent but I still like it. The staff are sound. The security are sounder and they really seem to be enforcing the over 21's policy. Best of luck to Phil and the rest of the management. I will be returning regularly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Tried it this weekend. Wasn't keen on the music, will stick with the ICON.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭leakyboots

wingnut wrote: »

There's a mindf**k of a sentence if ever there was one :pac:

For the music?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Ah bland chart music over and over and 80's/party music in the small club. A reason to go to icon if there ever was one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Which one is the lesser of two evils?

bazz26 wrote: »
    Which one is the lesser of two evils?

Trinity rooms. No stairs and no teenie boppers makes shaaane a happy clubber

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,474 ✭✭✭✭cson

I was in there on a Friday a couple of weeks ago; not impressed.

Maybe I just have nostalgic memories of College but it all went downhill for me when they got rid of the rain bar :pac:

Seriously though; its a bit **** imo; no R&B room, the Orchard closes off at 1ish so you can't go outside. Take me back to when it was Trinity and you had the main Dance room, the R&B room and the outside courtyard Bar with live music most nights. No matter what mood you'd be in there'd be something for you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Was really looking forward to a Icon alternative but Crush didn't make me go wow
    It is far from being over 21s and even at that some right rough heads in there.They didn't seem to change anything raised the dancefloor and made it smaller you cant walk the whole way round now.Entrance seems the same and the small club is same.Music is too heavy dance I thought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

cson wrote: »
    I was in there on a Friday a couple of weeks ago; not impressed.

Maybe I just have nostalgic memories of College but it all went downhill for me when they got rid of the rain bar :pac:

Seriously though; its a bit **** imo; no R&B room, the Orchard closes off at 1ish so you can't go outside. Take me back to when it was Trinity and you had the main Dance room, the R&B room and the outside courtyard Bar with live music most nights. No matter what mood you'd be in there'd be something for you.

Does anyone actually listen to R&B anymore?

I take your point but there's a reason Trinity Rooms closed. It wasn't getting enough people. I can't see how, adding an R&B DJ is going to change that. In the same vein though, crap chart music in the main room 3 nights a week or whatever ain't going to change that either, seeing as that market seems to be covered by d'icon and the other cheesy places.

Would have thought they would have tried something a little more original but maybe that will come when students are around again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

I'll probably check this place out for the hell of it. From what I'm reading, it doesn't sound like it's gonna be my kinda place. :pac:

Advertisement