Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trolling for brown trout

Options
  • 08-04-2013 8:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

How's it going for the trollers among us???
    Hard to get out in that cold east wind.
    Have had a bit of luck in the last week on lough ree.
    Had 8 fish in total up to 2.5 lbs
    One pattern we have noticed is that most if not all the fish came to one lure, the rapala 7cm floater in blue spotted minnow colour.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭huntsman77

Out on ree sat nothing I was putting it down to the cold maybe its just me great to get out all the same be nice to great one keep the interest up :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

I'm going to try for some Ferox this weekend on the corrib, hopefully the weather will have picked up by then. I'll post up a report next week..

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭bayliner

i wasnt out since march 1st!! but heading out on sunday, and a few pints in the coosan cottages after:D, as i am off on monday!! :D.... heard rapalas were working best alright, but didnt get any colours..... seeing as the water levels are down i thought the tazzies would be working?.... no doubt will try a hape o different lures :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

bayliner wrote: »
    i wasnt out since march 1st!! but heading out on sunday, and a few pints in the coosan cottages after:D, as i am off on monday!! :D.... heard rapalas were working best alright, but didnt get any colours..... seeing as the water levels are down i thought the tazzies would be working?.... no doubt will try a hape o different lures :rolleyes:
    Tazzies were useless yesterday
    The trout arnt fully on the feed yet...they seem to be just snapping at the lures...missed a lot of takes too...and the ones we hooked were either foul hooked or only barely lip hooked.

We fished the bollix out of the shoreline from manfred waleshes up to marks bay and the shoreline from winion point up to saints island a few times.
    Hard going in the cold.
    We were out on the lake before the Athlone anglers competition and we were the last off the lake...the carpark at coosan was empty when we got back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

That is a great thread title :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Mate got a 10lb trout on Corrib, think it was last saturday

Cienciano wrote: »
    Mate got a 10lb trout on Corrib, think it was last saturday

Nice...what was he using???

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Trolling with a rapala. Not sure where, but knowing him it was fecken well anywhere north west of Inchagoill

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Calgary22

4lb trout on ennel blue tazzie done the job:D

Anyone been out on the loughs in the lovely weather wee having?

• Advertisement

been out on ennel 4 times since i got my last fish and not a thing trout wise got a couple of jack pike trolling up round the big island. ennel really is hit or miss but i still love it:D

Calgary22 wrote: »
    been out on ennel 4 times since i got my last fish and not a thing trout wise got a couple of jack pike trolling up round the big island. ennel really is hit or miss but i still love it:D

The Graveyard.

Ha for sure but i will still be out on sat:D

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

viper123 wrote: »
    I'm going to try for some Ferox this weekend on the corrib, hopefully the weather will have picked up by then. I'll post up a report next week..

So much for that weekend's fishing, couldn't even tow the boat the wind was that bad...

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Flysfisher

Calgary22 wrote: »

Are more of the trout not switching to a diet of insects now?

well ya usually can pick up a trout anytime of the year its just a luck game:D i don't follow the insect hatches so i cant tell you what ones are in i just go by my own journal i keep and i got trout in every month the season was open last year. and a couple of anglers i no got trout in the 5 lb weight on small deadbaits at the mouth of the river.

Advertisement