Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom eFibre

• 08-04-2013 8:03pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭

I received a call on Friday from a woman from Eircom asking me would I like to try eFibre on a trial basis. She gave no details on price or speed but said she'd call back today or tomorrow. The service is apparently launching in May.
    Anyone got any thought on eFibre?
    Anyone else received a call? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Harry Deerpark

You would be crazy if you didn't accept the offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

I totally agree. Accept the offer. There is no harm in giving it a go to see if it lives upto expectations or is a total over exaguration from Eircom.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Yeah Im debating as to whether I should or not sounds quite good. I'd expect the price to be around €50. As of now I've gone with Sky but I have an 8 day grace period I believed to really make my mind up. Thanks for your replies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Yeah Im debating as to whether I should or not sounds quite good. I'd expect the price to be around €50. As of now I've gone with Sky but I have an 8 day grace period I believed to really make my mind up. Thanks for your replies

Have you just left eircom?

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Have you just left eircom?

Nope I've left Vodafone, I was a previous Eircom customer a good while ago. Basically she said the she was calling previous Eircom customers in specific areas to see if they'd be interested in eFibre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

Nope I've left Vodafone, I was a previous Eircom customer a good while ago. Basically she said the she was calling previous Eircom customers in specific areas to see if they'd be interested in eFibre.

Did she ask for your credit card number, date of birth and home address. Be careful.

But if it's on the up and up, go for it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

ask for a direct number to call back, eircom call centre staff have numbers beginning with 01 70xxx and only a few big companies and UCD have 01 70XX numbers so you should be safe.

eircom need not get credit card details, they will know if you were a good customer in the past and will bill in arrears anyway. Cost will be in the range €50-60 a month, same as the better ADSL bundle packages.

They are doing trials in Douglas, Swords, Ennis for sure.

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    ask for a direct number to call back, eircom call centre staff have numbers beginning with 01 70xxx and only a few big companies and UCD have 01 70XX numbers so you should be safe.

eircom need not get credit card details, they will know if you were a good customer in the past and will bill in arrears anyway. Cost will be in the range €50-60 a month, same as the better ADSL bundle packages.

They are doing trials in Douglas, Swords, Ennis for sure.

Hmm I live in Carlow so perhaps she had the wrong account as I don't think they've started in Carlow yet. She asked for no information other than to confirm the account. Waiting to receive a call back then ill ask for a direct number. Thanks!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

they may also have a number in Cork , some telesales teams operate out of the Churchfield exchange which would be 021.

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    they may also have a number in Cork , some telesales teams operate out of the Churchfield exchange which would be 021.

Alright thanks Im waiting for the call back from her so maybe today or tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Treloo

Wondering did you switch back to Eircom and if so how has it been ?
    Got a call today from Eircom offering efibre (70Mb) and a phone bundle for €50 per month to return to Eircom, offerinf €35 for the first 6 months and €50 thereafter
    Currently with Vodafone (8MB), located in county Limerick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,519 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Treloo wrote: »
    Got a call today from Eircom offering efibre (70Mb) and a phone bundle for €50 per month to return to Eircom, offerinf €35 for the first 6 months and €50 thereafter

Vodafone email said you can upgrade to efibre for no extra cost.

id wait and see what other companies are offering before changing back to anyone.

Treloo wrote: »
    Nope, Im with Sky right now and its been grand. Eircom actually called again a few minutes ago, i simply used the old "busy now, can you call back later?" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Treloo

Thanks, think I will sit tight for the moment and see what else is being offered

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Colette X

They offered it to me. I jumped at it as have only 3 mb now. Changed back to eircom and 3 weeks later they said they couldn't deliver and said they never offered it to me. But I got recording of phone call that proves they offered it but they still denying it yet I am now being billed and locked into an 18 month contract. Antibody had similar experience or solution?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Have you contacted comreg?
    Do eircom know you have the recording?

Advertisement