Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet not working

Options
  • 08-04-2013 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭

How ya folks, I know sweet f.a about computers so hopefully someone will be able to help..When I try to connect to the internet I get the message "server not found"..even though the internet is connected. Its Mozilla Firefox. Never had this problem before It came out of the blue. Its also Windows Xp if this is any use. Bit lost without it at the minute. Any help greatly appreciated!! :mad:

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Wired or wireless? Fixed line or dongle? Need more info ;) . Server not found is indicating the web browser is not detecting an internet connection or cannot connect to a particular site, could be as simple as the browser is in "offline mode" or a config/connection issue. In firefox click the orange Firefox button (top left)>Web Developer and make sure "Work Offline" is unchecked

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭wazzer1

Sorry its a wireless fixed line. Ive checked and made sure off line is unchecked. As I said it just happened out of the blue which is strange??... It say the computer is connected to the internet so It must be picking up the signal but its not loading the pages for whatever reason..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I would try re-connecting to the wifi network, it could be an issue with the profile. Follow the steps here for instructions :)

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭wazzer1

yoyo wrote: »
    I would try re-connecting to the wifi network, it could be an issue with the profile. Follow the steps here for instructions :)

Nick

Sorted! Thanks very much Yoyo :D

Advertisement