Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ngb broadband - exclusive to Eircom?

Options
  • 08-04-2013 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭

Just got a call from Eircom offering NGB broadband with speeds of 12 mb. Lady on the phone said it was exclusive to Eircom. Is this right?

Currently getting speeds of 6mb with Sky

Also I didn't think our exchange was ngb enabled - actually dont think there was even plans to upgrade it?

My exchange is Clonlara

Thanks,
    Keith

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Just got a call from Eircom offering NGB broadband with speeds of 12 mb. Lady on the phone said it was exclusive to Eircom. Is this right?

Also I didn't think our exchange was ngb enabled - actually dont think there was even plans to upgrade it?

My exchange is Clonlara

Thanks,
    Keith
    Hi keith_d99

Can you please DM me your landline number please ? I'll look into this in detail for you.

Regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

My exchange is Clonlara

Thanks,
    Keith
    Nope every provider in the area excluding UPC will have access the the same services as Eircom. Shop around get he best deal, you will get NBG no matter who you go with.

My exchange is Clonlara

Thanks,
    Keith
    Hi keith_d99

I have checked the clonlara exchange and I can confirm that this area is indeed NGB enabled. NGB is not exclusive to eircom.

Regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Hi keith_d99

I have checked the clonlara exchange and I can confirm that this area is indeed NGB enabled. NGB is not exclusive to eircom.

Regards

Al
    Thanks for the reply Alan - that's good news!
    Should I have potential to get up to 24mb rather than 12mb?

Keith.

Hi keith_d99

Yes, some lines will be able to hold up to 24mb however this depends on what your line can actually hold and this is usually decided by the distance of your line to the exchange.

Regards

Al

• Advertisement

Hi keith_d99

Yes, some lines will be able to hold up to 24mb however this depends on what your line can actually hold and this is usually decided by the distance of your line to the exchange.

Regards

Al
    Thanks again for the reply Alan - I'm less than a mile from the exchange

Thanks again for the reply Alan - I'm less than a mile from the exchange

No worries keith_d99

I would advise contacting your current provider and request your line to be re-tested.

Regards

Al

Hi Alan,

Would it be possible to run a test on the line?
    I'm being told the exchange is capable of just under 12mb - but my line is only capable of 7mb. 

I will PM my landline number.

Thanks,
    Keith.

Hi Alan,

Would it be possible to run a test on the line?
    I'm being told the exchange is capable of just under 12mb - but my line is only capable of 7mb. 

I will PM my landline number.

Thanks,
    Keith.
    Hi keith_d99

I've just replied

Al

Advertisement