Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Water charges...Another Phil Hogan fcuk up.

• 08-04-2013 9:24pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭

Can someone just shut him up once and for all.

Does he ever stop and think about what he is saying and doing.

He really is his own worst enemy at this stage.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

What exactly has he said & done now ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

paddy147 wrote: »
    Can someone just shut him up once and for all.

Does he ever stop and think about what he is saying and doing.

He really is his own worst enemy at this stage.

Should we guess what he said or is there a context coming?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Ilik Urgee

Dat you Phil?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

People complain when the say they'll bring in water charges and people complain when they say they will delay bringing them in.

I think people just like to complain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Paddy, you aint' doin' no better lad!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Should we guess what he said or is there a context coming?

His blast on the radio yesterday about water charge start dates in start of 2014

Hes then hung out to dry today by both Gilmore and Noonan on the water meters being delayed and water charges not being introduced at the start of 2014.

Now Hogan is suddenly back tracking this evening on RTE News over his radio comments.

He really is his own worst enemy.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Leave Crocodile Dundee alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,420 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

paddy147 wrote: »
    His blast on the radio yesterday about water charge start dates in start of 2014

Hes then hung out to dry today by both Gilmore and Noonan on the water meters being delayed and water charges not being introduced at the start of 2014.

Now Hogan is suddenly back tracking this evening on RTE News over his radio comments.

He really is his own worst enemy.:rolleyes:

I heard it on Friday. I don't think he was having a blast.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Leave Crocodile Dundee alone.

I know......I should cut him some slack.....:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭sfwcork

Paddy is mad for blood

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

Don't see what the fuss is about, electoral advantage trumps any minister and with the full year property tax due next January, they were always going to look for an excuse to avoid bringing in the new water tax until after the local elections next year(so not having enough meters fitted will serve as a suitable excuse). They then hope that the gullible voters won't remember the property tax that they were hit with just a few months beforehand and similarly won't recall the new water tax that they will face, once voting is over.

It would serve them right if all three water tax parties(FG, Labour and FF(they proposed its introduction to the troika)), lost heavily in the local elections in affected areas of the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

He's the most big mouthed arrogant prick I think has ever been part of a government in this country. I cannot stand him. Regardless of the performance of anyone else, he's the one person I'd happily see getting the boot without a single penny or golden pension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭HondaSami

What has the charming Phil done this time ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

You can tell everytime he opens his mouth he has no concern for the people he governs. Infact contempt oozes from him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,107 ✭✭✭amacca

HondaSami wrote: »
    What has the charming Phil done this time ?

aaah, what hasn't he done? big Phil's been everywhere and done everything

well anywhere worth going to and anything worth doing...the man is a template for the ideal life and someone for the ordinary man in the street to doff his cap to and for his children to look up at thinking someday, maybe someday I can be just like Phil Hogan....Phil Hogan , the man , the legend.

Advertisement