Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hostels in the City Center?

• 08-04-2013 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭

I'm going down to limerick for one night next week and I'm having trouble finding any decent hostels. I've only found the travellodge so far and thats a bit far out for my liking. Anybody know of any? The cheaper the better

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

There are none afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

I'm not sure there is a hostel in Limerick, you could try a few hotels, can be special offers at times. If it's the night of the Leinster game then I doubt you'll pick one at a bargain price.

Try Railway hotel - dive but cheap
    Pery Hotel
    Absolute Hotel
    Pier One Hotel
    Jury's Inn

You could try a few B&Be, there was a thread here a few months back about accommodation for Bruce Springsteen's concert, it might be worth a search.

Edited to add, avoid the Travel Lodges or the Maldon unless you have a car or using taxis.

Edited to add (2) Avoid booking Punches, seems to be closed at the moment, don't know if it's possible to book online but just in case...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭peckerhead

http://limerickhotels.jurysinns.com/ from €39 prepaid - Non-Amendable, Non-Refundable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Oh dear, all of those are booked out. I think I left this a bit late! Cheers for all your help

Any other suggestions? Everything seems to be booked out for Saturday night including Travelodge. What a disaster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭pigtown

Don't know if there are vacancies but I got a double room in Travelodge Castletroy (which turned out to have a single bed aswell) on Trivago.ie for €5. You'd be mad not to book it like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Grimebox wrote: »
    Any other suggestions? Everything seems to be booked out for Saturday night including Travelodge. What a disaster

You picked the worst night of the year for hotel availability to visit I'm afraid.

testicle wrote: »
    You picked the worst night of the year for hotel availability to visit I'm afraid.

Could have booked this over two weeks ago if I knew this would be an issue lksahjangvbipuahfeo[idflkbm[l'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Hostels in the City Center?

American spell checker?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

tried B&Bs?

• Advertisement

Thanks for all your help. A friend is reluctantly letting my borrow his couch. The lads I am meeting down there are getting the bus back after the game :pac:

Lesson learned about booking accommodation for big matches

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭Buckeye

I'm going down to limerick for one night next week and I'm having trouble finding any decent hostels. I've only found the travellodge so far and thats a bit far out for my liking. Anybody know of any? The cheaper the better

A business colleague stayed at the Boutique Hotel in Denmark Street for a couple of weeks.

The price was really good & included breakfast. He said the parts of the hotel facing onto Denmark Street were a bit noisy, but that's to be expected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jsd1004

Buckeye wrote: »
    A business colleague stayed at the Boutique Hotel in Denmark Street for a couple of weeks.

The price was really good & included breakfast. He said the parts of the hotel facing onto Denmark Street were a bit noisy, but that's to be expected.

Airbnb.com works. I know it's late but I had a double ensuite for 25 euro vacant.

Advertisement