Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick answer needed :) Interview - What to wear ??? :L

Options
  • 08-04-2013 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi guys,

I've an interview this week and was wondering what should I wear ?

I know asking seems a bit stupid but just want to know should I wear an outfit like I would applying for a job or can I wear something a bit more relaxed ? :)

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Short answer: Smart casual.

Long answer: Don't dress like a slob and don't dress up like a night out. Something closer to a job interview might work a little better. The course will have some small effect on as well as the people interviewing you will most likely be lecturers and tutors on the course. Business courses might expect a smarter looking candidate (that's smart as in clothes rather than intellect, though that would help as well :p), fine art courses might prefer a more practical look. This is all speculation on my part though, i've always gone into college interviews with sensible clothes on, spoke my mind, was open and genuine about my reasons for choosing the course and asked relevant questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

For Creative Arts courses it doesn't matter what you wear (general interview etiquite would say clean and neat). You definitely don't need to wear a suit. Not sure about business courses (do they even interview?).

Good luck with the interview.

Advertisement