Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dose of the gurgles

Options
  • 08-04-2013 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

The old faithfull AGR carto tank has begun too act up now and after all those recomendations i gave it :mad:
    Earlier today it started to gurgle and spit venom back into my mouth with vapour volume way down,i had this running the smaller tank too.I changed it for the larger one and loaded up a new boge carto that i juiced up taking my time,at first it was a bit gurgly too but then seemed to settle out so hoped for the best.Next thing it was acting up again and decided to unscrew it off the nova and found a bit of juice on the nova head and also some juice dripped out of the centre of the boge 510 threaded stem,unscrewed the bottom off the AGR where the air slots are and a bit of juice there.
    Now i,m flumuxed as too which way to go,the nova,s a gem but i need something more reliable and leak free and the reliability back of a good toke,finances are at the bottom of the barrel so any ideas or anyone selling something that would top off the nova and get me back on track would be much appreciated.... :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Are you leaving out the filler screw when replacing the top cap after filling?
    Are you punching or cutting the carto too much?
    Is the nova a device?
    Sometimes you can get a dodgy carto that seems to clog up really fast and do what your describing.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    Are you leaving out the filler screw when replacing the top cap after filling?
    Are you punching or cutting the carto too much?
    Is the nova a device?

:o i,m losing it,see...... its a Vamo not a nova,think i,m getting annagram dimentia :) Yep when i fill i take off the tip and screw and screw off the top to fill down the tank wall avoiding the inside of the carto if pouring direct from a small bottle.I,m using a punch putting two SMALL holes in the carto as i,vr always done,the last carto lasted nearlly two weeks i think.Now that i think of it started i had started topping off the AGR with " pipe " juice for a change which was a lot runnier than the thicker juice that i was using in it...
    How or why would it run down out of the inner 510 threaded part though :confused:

The juice can overflow from the carto filler down the centre tube from the top, maybe try punching 1 hole and put a bit of tissue down into the carto when filling and after screwing on the top cap to soak up any excess juice.

The juice can overflow from the carto filler down the centre tube from the top, maybe try punching 1 hole and put a bit of tissue down into the carto when filling and after screwing on the top cap to soak up any excess juice.
    Hitting the hay now so will try that out tomorrow,gonna miss those mega first tokes of the day with coffee :(

damon5 wrote: »
    Hitting the hay now so will try that out tomorrow,gonna miss those mega first tokes of the day with coffee :(

Pour some juice into your coffee ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Probably only need one hole if its a thinner juice. Its a bugger when this happens to cartos. If blowing it out didnt sort it I would definitely say too many or too big on the punching.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Since it's on your mind, get a Nova for your Vamo ;)

Almost all of my other clearo's have gurgled at some point bar the Vivi nova. It's not given one dry hit or gurgled since I got it. And I've been using it constantly, switching the 3 heads that came with in and out for different flavours.

Mr Chrome

F**k off :)

BeansBeans.....
    Probably only need one hole if its a thinner juice. Its a bugger when this happens to cartos. If blowing it out didnt sort it I would definitely say too many or too big on the punching.

Blocked one of the holes with the point of a toothpick and still the same :mad:

Thecageyone

Since it's on your mind, get a Nova for your Vamo wink.png

Almost all of my other clearo's have gurgled at some point bar the Vivi nova. It's not given one dry hit or gurgled since I got it. And I've been using it constantly, switching the 3 heads that came with in and out for different flavours.

Think i,ll give that a look,have to find something out there :)

Get a nova by all means, but dont give up on the agr just yet, try another carto in it.

Get a nova by all means, but dont give up on the agr just yet, try another carto in it.
    Was just looking at a PBusardo video all abut the vivi nova showing how easy they are to fill and REBUILDING them to :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I've seen guys use cotton pads for wicks in novas!

They're easy to take apart and put back together, they work superbly on the likes of the Vamo, and as I said, no burning in wattage mode at least, or gurgling. I always use needle tip bottles to fill, much easier avoid spillage

I've seen guys use cotton pads for wicks in novas!

They're easy to take apart and put back together, they work superbly on the likes of the Vamo, and as I said, no burning in wattage mode at least, or gurgling. I always use needle tip bottles to fill, much easier avoid spillage[/QUOTE

Think i,ll definately be giving them a go,variety and all that :)

Since it's on your mind, get a Nova for your Vamo ;)

I envy you. I had an amazing mini nova and full size first buys. Then after that, they just drove me insane, constantly getting dry hits and leaking. I loved them when they worked, but still fiddly old buggers. T3s were a huge disappointment, went back to cartos :p
    Mr Chrome

F**k off :)

BeansBeans.....

Blocked one of the holes with the point of a toothpick and still the same :mad:

Thecageyone

Since it's on your mind, get a Nova for your Vamo wink.png

Think i,ll give that a look,have to find something out there :)

There is the possibility that the one hole you have is too big. Or punched too deep. The tank itself cannot cause gurgling.

Really sounds like you went too far with the punch.

BeansBeans wrote: »
    I envy you. I had an amazing mini nova and full size first buys. Then after that, they just drove me insane, constantly getting dry hits and leaking. I loved them when they worked, but still fiddly old buggers. T3s were a huge disappointment, went back to cartos :p

There is the possibility that the one hole you have is too big. Or punched too deep. The tank itself cannot cause gurgling.

Really sounds like you went too far with the punch.

Definately didnt go too deep with the punch,from day one was always aware of this.Have heard some say keep screwing it in untill you hear a click,thats bad advice because i hav,ht once heard a click.I screw it slowly and get a feel for the resistance and then suddenly the resistance is greatly reduced,thats it punctured then just give about a quarter of a turn.The first carto i done when i felt the resistance reduce suddenly i unscrewed and slid the punch up to see that it had indented but barely punched a hole,slid back into position a quarter turn more then bingo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

You must have a super sharp carto-punch. Maybe they make them better these days.

grindle wrote: »
    You must have a super sharp carto-punch. Maybe they make them better these days.

Just your regular fiver one nothing fancy,its all in the wrist
    :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Man, if my wrist ain't strong enough at this stage... I'm not sure I could fit much more wrist-strengthening into a day.

grindle wrote: »
    Man, if my wrist ain't strong enough at this stage... I'm not sure I could fit much more wrist-strengthening into a day.

The selection of smilies is crap for a reply when the picure paints louder than words RAFLMAO ......

If you have or can get your hands on a decent junior hacksaw, one that you can tighten the blade with, try cutting a slot into the carto.
    Its much easier to adjust the size of the slot(hole), you can get the hole flush with the bottomcap and to be frank...punched holes are ugly as f*ck.
    Sorry folks, but they are!! :-P

Mysteriously bad cartos? :p
    I always get a snap from my cartos when i punch them. No idea why youre having issues so. All i can say is try a different box of cartos.

• Advertisement

If you have or can get your hands on a decent junior hacksaw, one that you can tighten the blade with, try cutting a slot into the carto.
    Its much easier to adjust the size of the slot(hole), you can get the hole flush with the bottomcap and to be frank...punched holes are ugly as f*ck.
    Sorry folks, but they are!! :-P

Dont think the hacksaw will work with the leaking juice issue when i even plugged one of the two holes up and still had the problem.Funnily enough yesterday i dindnt change the carto but emptied the carto instead,took the plug out of the secong hole and filled with another juice and everythings back working fine with the AGR.It was the "pipe" juice that the carto in the AGR couldnt handle no matter hole small the hole was,once it wicked up and saturated itself that was it,the stuff is literally like water....

BeansBeans wrote: »
    Mysteriously bad cartos? :p
    I always get a snap from my cartos when i punch them. No idea why youre having issues so. All i can say is try a different box of cartos.

Na tried carto,s out of a couple of packs and no snappety snap but still get me hole :D

Right,going to get one of the vivi nova,s but was browsing the net and see that theres a 1,2 and 2.5.....any imput,words of wisdom,experience of appreciated :)

Right,going to get one of the vivi nova,s but was browsing the net and see that theres a 1,2 and 2.5.....any imput,words of wisdom,experience of appreciated :)

Not sure what you mean by 1,2 and 2.5.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

Resistance? If you're using a VV/VW device it doesnt really matter too much as you can change it to suit your taste. If using standard ego batteries, go for lower resistance

Not sure what you mean by 1,2 and 2.5.

Sorry Mr.chrome, its version 1 the first type made,version 2 then version 2.5 which some retailers are selling them as v3

sept09baby wrote: »
    Resistance? If you're using a VV/VW device it doesnt really matter too much as you can change it to suit your taste. If using standard ego batteries, go for lower resistance
    Sorry for confusion :)

Advertisement