Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peaky Blinders - BBC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Arthur wife not long for this world, she is probably a rat (if there is one) .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Just watched episode 2 was very good. Some amount of Irish actors in the show. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

Massively meh about this show now. Its essentially turned into sons of anarchy without the motorcycles.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Cartel Mike

Its better and more substantial than Line of duty and probably works on a fraction of the budget of all the top shows but its the best drama on terrestrial tv imo. Albeit theres only the standard 6 episodes per season they always pack alot of drama into a singe episode. The guy who palys Arthur , Cillian Murphy and Helen Mcrory are brilliant actors to watch and elevate it even further.
    There were a bit of doings with Ireland etc with the real (the actual) peaky blinders in that i think they did supply riffels etc and controlled gambling in the north of England but for a small razor gang from Birmingham the show sepends an awfull lot of time on Irish politics... i mean a hell of alot of time ...and now the billy boys too .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Cillian Murphy has been fantastic. The scene with the former Cavalry officer and the Journalist were excellent. Was the interview scene one continuous shot?It was nearly eight minutes long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Aiden Gillen ...Christ Almighty I honestly think I hate the bloke..........anything I've seen him in basically the same character with a different look, that fking voice never changes .....awful awful actor

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

sonofenoch wrote: »
    Aiden Gillen ...Christ Almighty I honestly think I hate the bloke..........anything I've seen him in basically the same character with a different look, that fking voice never changes .....awful awful actor

I used to like him, but I have to agree on this. Well dodgy when doing accents. He was pretty rubbish after the early seasons of Game of Thrones. He was good as John boy in Love/Hate, but he's a detestable character you're supposed to hate in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

weemcd wrote: »
    I used to like him, but I have to agree on this. Well dodgy when doing accents. He was pretty rubbish after the early seasons of Game of Thrones. He was good as John boy in Love/Hate, but he's a detestable character you're supposed to hate in that.

Can't agree, I thought those first 2 seasons were pretty awful......it only took on the mantra of a serious drama when he was killed off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭De Bhál

The Billy Boys approach to the Gypsy camp ws fairly covert there wasn't it? We'll just waltz straight up with a marching band announcing our arrival.

De Bhál wrote: »
    The Billy Boys approach to the Gypsy camp ws fairly covert there wasn't it? We'll just waltz straight up with a marching band announcing our arrival.

That probably suits the them you know, Peaky Blinders paints in broad strokes. The Mafia portrayed last season were just as obnoxious. The Billy Boys are a precursor to the marching bands we see today, same for Loyalists and Rangers fans. Triumphantism. Spot on.

• Advertisement

weemcd wrote: »
    That probably suits the them you know, Peaky Blinders paints in broad strokes. The Mafia portrayed last season were just as obnoxious. The Billy Boys are a precursor to the marching bands we see today, same for Loyalists and Rangers fans. Triumphantism. Spot on.

maybe so yeah, I just felt it was a very dangerous way to walk into the camp. Good episode anyway.

Arthur's attack on that Quaker was gruesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

Massively meh about this show now. Its essentially turned into sons of anarchy without the motorcycles.

Arthur really beginning to get on my wick at this stage, his character has had no development since season 1.

The Peaky Blinders show doesn't have time for subtly, its just got 6 episodes so reverts to baddies Vs goodies (or in the case of the Peaky Blinders, the anti-heroes who are essential for the show to continue)

I enjoy watching this show, its well shot with the music and has some excellent scenes. Overall it lacks in drama and anything overly original, but it is entertaining.

It does benefit from short seasons and frequent breaks though as it is pretty repetitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,609 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I think it's starting to suffer the curse of most top shows, it's quality is dropping off as the series progresses.

This new series not doing it for me so far, and I was starting to find it dropping in quality during the Mafia series, the characters in that annoyed me, especially Brodys which was like he was told to do the tackiest, most ott mafia impersonation.

And getting just a little bored too of the slo-mo shots of moody looking characters walking down some street.

But will stick with it for this series, but think they should think about reaching a conclusion very soon. Don't think there's another series or 2 in it.

Was there an episode on last night or is it on tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,609 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

fin12 wrote: »
    Was there an episode on last night or is it on tonight?

Last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

NIMAN wrote: »
    I think it's starting to suffer the curse of most top shows, it's quality is dropping off as the series progresses.

This new series not doing it for me so far, and I was starting to find it dropping in quality during the Mafia series, the characters in that annoyed me, especially Brodys which was like he was told to do the tackiest, most ott mafia impersonation.

And getting just a little bored too of the slo-mo shots of moody looking characters walking down some street.

But will stick with it for this series, but think they should think about reaching a conclusion very soon. Don't think there's another series or 2 in it.

I think they've got another two seasons and a film planned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭dougm1970

tyson's coming !!

"get the fury family"

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Cartel Mike

Nidge (for 1 episode) , Johnboy, Hughey, Stumpy, Siobhan. All we need now is for Darren, Tommy,Fran and Elmo to make an appearence in this show before it ends ha ha. Could happen.

Last nights episode...Chinese approach Tommy and ask him to hide 7 tonnes of opium. Tommy agrees to hide it on three coal barges and sail it out of town until it's safe to give it back.

He decides to skim some of the opium and sell it to the Billy Boys and gives them some to sell.

is that what's happening, yeah?

Why did Molsley ask Tommy to do some business with the Billy Boys and what business is it exactly - also a bit confused about that?

Michael's wife seems to also know Molsley

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

The new season is a bit disappointing. I thought season 4 with Adrien Brody was brilliant, but this season is crap. The producers have lost the plot.

• Advertisement

The new season is a bit disappointing. I thought season 4 with Adrien Brody was brilliant, but this season is crap. The producers have lost the plot.

I think then the opposite lol, think last season was crap and actually enjoying this series. Really liked tonight’s episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭trashcan

Car bombs in the 1920,s tonight. Really ? Also, blaming it on the IRA ? Don't think they would have been active at all in Britain in that period. Some of the historical accuracy does seem off at times. A black intelligence officer also seems a bit unlikely for the period.

Is it just me or does anyone else really despise Arthur ? Horrible, crude bully (and yeah, I know none them are nice characters ) Hope he gets his comeuppance. They should have had the mafia kill him in Season 4.

trashcan wrote: »
    Car bombs in the 1920,s tonight. Really ? Also, blaming it on the IRA ? Don't think they would have been active at all in Britain in that period. Some of the historical accuracy does seem off at times. A black intelligence officer also seems a bit unlikely for the period.

Is it just me or does anyone else really despise Arthur ? Horrible, crude bully (and yeah, I know none them are nice characters ) Hope he gets his comeuppance. They should have had the mafia kill him in Season 4.

Yes I hate Arthur, was hoping that when he was firing the machine gun all over the place that someone would put a bullet in his head.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Molsley is overshadowing the whole series

great actor

could do with his own show

• Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

the speech at the shelby party was very "brexit" wasnt it !!!

Good episode last night - Arthur's pretty much lost it at this stage

so is Alfie Solomon still alive or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

sydthebeat wrote: »
    the speech at the shelby party was very "brexit" wasnt it !!!

more trump/fake news I thought

Good episode last night - Arthur's pretty much lost it at this stage

so is Alfie Solomon still alive or something?

I had thought due to Hardy's star power and the popularity of his character that they wouldn't be able to resist bringing him back for one last showdown.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

more trump/fake news I thought

talking about how foreign low cost workers are effecting great englands cotton / wool / steel industries ???

could have been straight from Reece Moggs mouth

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Things are finally getting good and it's over next week. Typical. Last night's episode was very good. I expect a big twist next week.

Advertisement