Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peaky Blinders - BBC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Well unless they plan to completely rewrite history with an established historical figure (ala Tarantino) things are clearly not going to go to plan, looking forward to seeing how this season closes out & what twist they'll add to it this time.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

By far the worst season yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

By far the worst season yet.

Nah season 3 was the worst for me. Season 2 was a masterpiece , don't think it will ever reach those standards again for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭sliabh 1956

Really ejoyed it up until this series I am finding it hard to get into it this time around I must watch last nights episode again as I was a bit distracted watching it . Which was unusual for me as I am usually glued to it . Cant say I wiil miss it after next weeks finale. Hope it improves next season as it would be a shame if it just petered out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭trashcan

sydthebeat wrote: »
    the speech at the shelby party was very "brexit" wasnt it !!!

Yeah, I think they're definitely trying to tap into parallels there.

On the series overall,I do think it's been a bit disappointing. I think it was a mistake to make him an MP. It's stretching credibility a bit in my view. They should have kept things at a lower level, stayed in the underworld as it were.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,482 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Definitely dropping off in quality.

I really hope they don't stretch this out for 2 or 3 more series, it'll ruin the legacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

gifted wrote: »
    Watched the first two episodes on BBC on Sunday and Monday ......really struggling to see what Polly brings to the show.......hope it doesn't turn out like last season (series 4).

Still struggling to see what Polly brings to this show.......apart from shooting Arthur's wife ...and countless shots of her smoking her cigarettes....she has no main storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

all style and very little substance this series

• Registered Users Posts: 5,052 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Awaiting the inevitable plotline where Shelby and the lads go to Munich to do business with some guy called Adolf.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭gucci

gifted wrote: »
    Still struggling to see what Polly brings to this show.......apart from shooting Arthur's wife ...and countless shots of her smoking her cigarettes....she has no main storyline.

Same could be said of 90% of the cast tbh, Arthur, Michael etc, all very one dimensional and just don't get enough time on screen to develop. The 6 episodes a season doesn't help as they haven't much time, but also the 15 mins per episodes smoking and walking around to bitchin' music doesn't help :)

Its definetly firmly in the style over substance territory since season 3. Still very watchable, but still very frustrating

• Advertisement

Thank god the worst season ever if the peaky blinders comes to an end tonight and I don’t have to waste any more time watching it. You should never mix gangsters with politics the producers should have known this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

Very poor....Tommy told everyone he was gonna shoot mosLey and he's wondering how people knew.....very weak...6 episodes and still no idea where the start middle and finish were.....and Polly shot Arthur's wife and handed in her resignation....no part at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Cartel Mike

Wow...... that was very cinematic/pantomimesque. I dont really know or remember what happened in this series but that was a great episode . Tom hardy back too.
    Next season can only go up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

What an awful ending. Some young fella who’s never appeared that I can remember anyway gets a tip off when Finn randomly gives away and thus ruins the plan. Shiiiiiiite.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,289 ✭✭✭Ardent

1-2 years wait for the continuation of this story, FFS. Peaky Blinders civil war.

What a rubbish season. I couldn’t even follow most of it, or understand what they were saying.
    And I loved the previous seasons especially season 4 which had a straightforward gangs storyline. What possessed the producers to come up with this stupid parliament brexit inspired story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭scoobydude

Hang on... Was that the finale tonight? Felt very weak. I really think the quality droped this season, too much dreamy sequences, also no need to bring Tom Hardy back. I loved his character but felt his story was told and done

• Registered Users Posts: 33,482 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Had read that Alfie would be back tonight.

Considering how ruthless the characters are meant to be in the show, hard to believe those 2 men could sit and chat despite having tried to kill each other. Not realistic.

Poor series overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Missed it again.. f*ck sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭piplip87

I think it's one of the best seasons to date. I think the bringing Mosley into it, tapping into the political ideas at the time and of course Alfie coming back is very very good. Looking forward to the next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

piplip87 wrote: »
    I think it's one of the best seasons to date. I think the bringing Mosley into it, tapping into the political ideas at the time and of course Alfie coming back is very very good. Looking forward to the next season.

Wrong wrong wrong. Worst series overall. All waiting on a Michael v tommy ending and nothing. Terrible.

Alfie was a completely pointless addition, he was gone, he’d played his part. Made no sense to bring him back.

The youngster spoiling the whole gig at the end was worse.

This will not be remembered in the same way boardwalk empire or breaking bad or mad men was for example.

That ruined its legacy. Terrible terrible series and woeful ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭trashcan

Wrong wrong wrong. Worst series overall. All waiting on a Michael v tommy ending and nothing. Terrible.

Anyone else think Michael could have been the one who scuppered Tommys plan ? He and his wife did mention a plan B. Also, ****ing Arthur survives again, damn.

Agree that it was the weakest series so far. Political angles didn't really work for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭dougm1970

was that a technical hiccup in the meeting in the pub at the start and one camera angle had a double exposure effect ?

felt like a penultimate episode to a series.

like another poster mentioned hard to understand some dialogue...seemed to be more mumbling this series than previous ones.

anyway... disappointing i thought, the whole series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

Have to agree I didnt think this season was good compared to the old ones and the way the plan got ruined was crap.

A lot of things didnt work for me this series. Ghost wife being top of the list. Between that, and bringing Alfie and Charlie Murphy back for more pointless cameos it seems like the producers just got chummy with some of the cast and did them a solid bringing them back so they could earn a wee check.

Please no more shots of Oswals having sex looking into a mirror once was enough. Still never found out who the black cat was (i was convinced from the start it was Gina). Dont see how the match fixer bloke or the barman would have known where Gold was camping

The arc just moved way too slow for a 6 ep season and they didnt sort anything out.

Everyone who gets snuck up on hasnt a notion but Arthur. The whole episode dragged until they finally got to the rally, how many friggin times did they need to explain the plan must have done it 5 times between the last 2 eps.

I really wanted Polly to be happy with Aberama so I hated that ending. Arthur was well overdue to be offed but they just won't do it (not that I want him to go he's my favourite character but it would make the most sense. Somehow he can be full of whiskey and other stuff every waking hour but still fight like a special forces operative)

And while everyone seems to think they use music brilliantly I thought this season they overdid it, especially with that one song that instead of lyrics just has those industrial sounding shrieks like 'dan-URIT!' over and over it is so grating. Much preferred Red Right Hand!

I really feel the one thing the series could use is a bit more wit in the dialogue. Arthur and Alfie are a bit funny at times but when you look at a lot of gangster films or shows they always have some humor that balances out the violence and bloodshed and this series is just so dry and serious. And they reuse so many of the same shots, Tommy walking head down, arms stiffly out like he just did a set of bench presses with fire and explosions every episode.

I can't help but watch because I loved the shows early seasons but it gone way downhill

• Subscribers Posts: 41,477 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

The use of idles in that last episode was brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭De Bhál

sydthebeat wrote: »
    The use of idles in that last episode was brilliant

I thought last nights episode was excellent, from the opening scene with Churchill to the rally at the end. Just great stuff.

But overall, as I've said earlier, the season was as per the last few seasons very poor. Only got going for the last two episodes.

style over substance...but very stylish in fairness to it

Did Tommy only marry his latest wife cause they have a kid together? Really doesn’t seem to love her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I really enjoyed last night, didn't want it to end. Excellent end to the series. Can't wait till next season, I suspect it was this "new generation" who was responsible.

Was the fella who played the priest in Derry Girls in it last night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭oleras

NIMAN wrote: »
    Had read that Alfie would be back tonight.

Considering how ruthless the characters are meant to be in the show, hard to believe those 2 men could sit and chat despite having tried to kill each other. Not realistic.

Poor series overall.

Mutual respect, all in the game yo.

Advertisement