Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First time for C&C

• 09-04-2013 12:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭

Been doing photography as a hobby for a while now and decided to get some C&C on a pano of Loop Head. Was considering printing it and hanging on my wall.

It is a set of six images stitched in Photoshop

8632181919_dc7bcf81b8_b.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

Hello Jonon, for me, the image doesn't hold much interest because there's no obvious "subject".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭K_user

I like it. My eyes cant help but to be drawn into the horizon.

But I cant comment on the finner details as Im veiwing on a tablet and the screen is too small.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

I love the tones, it is a very attractive photo.

Also, for me at least, the coastline acts as a powerful leading line, drawing the eye across the photo & toward the point/headland on the right.

It lacks a focal point, though. If, for example there was a lighthouse at the point, or perhaps a trawler in the bay, it would add visual interest. Also, the sky looks a bit burnt out in one or two places.

Overall, a lovely photo though. I'd print it & hang it.

-Foxt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭trooney

Horizon not straight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

trooney wrote: »
    Horizon not straight

Yeah, it dips in the middle! But tbh I wouldn't have noticed without close inspection.

My main criticism as others have pointed out is the lack of a clear focal point.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,250 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

it just seems slightly muddy tonally for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭denismc

I would like to see larger version of this, maybe you could put it up on a photosharing website with the option to see it fullsize.
    Did you have a colour version?
    I do like it as is though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

Whoops sorry for the late reply.

Yes there was a lighthouse but i was standing on top of it in order to get the photo I will link to an edited and unedited version had to be re-sized due to been a massive images file

Un-edited
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8403/8641934276_bb23c70bf6_h.jpg

Edited
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8400/8641934602_3a67968308_h.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

IMHO, I think you may be losing too much to the shadows in your b/w conversion. To me, i'm wanting to see a little detail where there are blacks. The blacks can be fantastic but I just feel with the image as presented you have too much shadows in there. It almost looks like the clouds have been burnt in photoshop with some funny overlay of some description.

Hmnnnnnn.... Probably a lot of potential but for me lost in translation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

Many thanks folks I think its back to the drawing board and re work the image il post back soon

• Advertisement
Advertisement