Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Walkers on Backroads

• 09-04-2013 12:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭

Does anyone else find it extremely irritating when people are out walking on the backroads, not leaving enough space for cars to get by?! I mean really, they can hear the car coming, the least they could do is push in to hedgerows to avoid being hit.

Why can't they just walk somewhere like a park instead of walking around like lunatics causing accidents?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

Seriously. This. Again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

YaWn

yAwN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Does anyone else find it extremely irritating when people are out driving on the backroads, not leaving enough space for people to get by?! I mean really, they can see the people coming, the least they could do is push in to hedgerows to avoid hitting someone.

Why can't they just drive somewhere like a motorway instead of driving around like lunatics causing accidents?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

There I was thinking The Walking Dead was becoming real.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Pushtrak wrote: »

not yet...............

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

after the second half of last season i think i'd fall asleep if it was real.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

AH is becoming dull as fuk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Nobody should leave their house ever again. Either on foot or any other mode of transport.
    You'll look ridiculous, annoy everybody else out there, and whatever you wear will pïss somebody off.
    Just don't bother.

Unless you have a hovercraft

Sauve wrote: »

We've discovered so much in terms of science and engineering and i still don't have a hoverboard :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

It's the ones wearing day glo who walk in packs three or four abreast like they're on the pilgrimage Santiago de Compostela that grind my gears...

Not a sign of them going single file.

& they pay no fu cken motor tax.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Likewise. **** you OP, why would you try and trick me into thinking my dream of getting to fight through a zombie apocalypse was becoming a reality?!

leggo wrote: »
    Likewise. **** you OP, why would you try and trick me into thinking my dream of getting to fight through a zombie apocalypse was becoming a reality?!

or arguing for months with a one eyed man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

pmcmahon wrote: »
    or arguing for months with a one eyed man.

That's a different dream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

It's the ones wearing day glo who walk in packs three or four abreast like they're on the pilgrimage Santiago de Compostela that grind my gears...

Not a sign of them going single file.

& they pay no fu cken motor tax.

Why should they pay? Clue is in the title tbh :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Isn't this how "An american wearwolf in London" got started?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I call them Biters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Its just so unfair that the countryside has no footpaths

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yesterday it was walkers on main roads, now it's back roads, tomorrow walkers on boreens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Sauve wrote: »
    Nobody should leave their house ever again. Either on foot or any other mode of transport.
    You'll look ridiculous, annoy everybody else out there, and whatever you wear will pïss somebody off.
    Just don't bother.

I have one, but it's full of eels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

I saw a guy walking pushing a bike on a backroad - I ran that fúcker over - twice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

I don't mind them as long as they're wearing hi viz. It's these fúckers that go out at night walking with dark jackets on unlit roads that I'm afraid of. Hit them and your driving days are over. Of course then there is the extra stupid ones who like to have a black dog on one of these extendable leashs and think it's quiet acceptable to let the dog walk the opposite side of the road to them while they have the leash crossing the road like a marathon finish line tape. By the grace of god I spotted it in time but had to stop the car while the bítch wrangled her dog back to the right side of the road.
    /rant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

I never see Walkers on the roads, maybe the odd empty bag of Tayto or Hunky Dorys in the ditch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

not yet...............

What..?

Advertisement