Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MP FPS's wanted

• 09-04-2013 2:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,462 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks can anyone recommend someone shooting games that resembles cod a bit but without the ****ing awful crap?

Most nights I would sit down and play Black ops 1 Nuketown and I was very happy and content but those days are nearly over because Nuketown servers have declined and the others im banned from (they hate seeing good players destroying other players)

The less said about ops 2 the better

Yes there's other mp games like BF3 which I hope to get into but I just want a shooter that can fill the gap that Black ops 1 had for me ya know

COD4 doesnt really do it for me either tbh. I find its showing its age.

any suggestions?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Assuming you have a decent pc, you should give Planetside 2 a go. Fantastic game, with massive battles that are beyond anything other game. It's pretty bloody epic. Big thread over on the Massively Multiplayer forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,462 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Thanks for the suggestion but I dont want a MMO plus im not that keen on sci-fi fps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Try Heroes and Generals, Blacklight and TF2. Blacklight is probably your best bet.

All free as well!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

I haven't played it yet but what about red orchestra 1 or 2? I bought black ops at release and when I was getting bored with it I remember seeing vids for RO2 and thought it looked very good. I didn't have a PC at the time so couldn't get it. Considering its less than a euro for the two at the moment you can't really go wrong

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Red Orchestra 1/2 are absolutely nothing like COD though. No run and gun, and it's got a serious focus on realism (or as much as it can in a game). It's also bloody tough to get into.

Supposed to be great though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

counter strike 1 , source , ga

take ya pick
    all better then cod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

CS :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,491 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

day of defeat and day of defeat source, nice balance of realism/fun

Lot better than any of the new cod games, although cod United offensive is great, still servers out there.

Would have suggested dod/s but its not exactly doing great numbers wise :(

you still play dcully?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Ghost recon online. Worth a try. I really enjoyed that, though prices for weapons is just a piss taker and when you level up from nooby state you get feck all xp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Kiith wrote: »
    Red Orchestra 1/2 are absolutely nothing like COD though. No run and gun, and it's got a serious focus on realism (or as much as it can in a game). It's also bloody tough to get into.

Supposed to be great though.

Yeah wasn't too sure. Just remember seeing it as I was fed up with cod and thinking I'd love to give it a go.

What about HL2 Death match? I play for a couple of hours a week and find it fun. Not huge number playing though

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Natural Selection 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,462 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Thanks lads for the suggestions, iv played most of them but I suppose beggars can't be choosers and ill give them another shot (re-download them)

There really is a market there for a ww2 shooter that has the essences of cod
    I really miss run and gun ww2 games :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

To be fair, there aren't many WW2 games out right now because that particular dead horse has been flogged so bloody hard it is now a fine paste spread out across the whole field.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Sarky wrote: »
    To be fair, there aren't many WW2 games out right now because that particular dead horse has been flogged so bloody hard it is now a fine paste spread out across the whole field.

theirs already to many ww2 games , modern day and future fps games

i wish they'd go back to ww1
    or even something abit before the american revolution
    i think it would be fun and new
    sick of most fps now a days
    same **** different year

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    theirs already to many ww2 games , modern day and future fps games

i wish they'd go back to ww1
    i think it would be fun and new
    sick of most fps now a days
    same **** different year

http://www.bgmod.com/ :pac:
    An hilariously frustrating mod to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'm sure you've played it, but World at War was brilliant online.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Burgo wrote: »
    Would have suggested dod/s but its not exactly doing great numbers wise :(

you still play dcully?

Pop in and out every so often,still plenty of full servers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »

muskets were used in the american revolution. If you want games where the netcode is so bad that aiming simulates using a musket I'm sure we can recommend some :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

War of the Roses or Chivalry :) Both great fun.

Advertisement