Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bandon Half marathon & 10k Run 11th May

Options
  • 09-04-2013 3:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭

Hi, I've just signed up for this . Looks like it was a great day out last year ,
    and should give me some idea of where my training is at for the Cork City Marathon three weeks later.
    http://www.bandonhalfmarathon.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Tipp man running

Going to do the half as a warm up for the full at Cork to see where I'm at training wise......toughish enough course but hopefully the weather will be decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭opus

Signed up as well seeing as it's just down the road a bit! €20 compared to €50 for the one in Clon later on in the year :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭mr.wiggle

opus wrote: »
    Signed up as well seeing as it's just down the road a bit! €20 compared to €50 for the one in Clon later on in the year :eek:

Or 50e for The Bay run a week earlier :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Trevster

Hi folks

Just wondering if this course is tougher or the same as the Tralee Half?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

Trevster wrote: »
    Hi folks

Just wondering if this course is tougher or the same as the Tralee Half?

Probably a bit tougher; there's a killer hill at 6miles and another few smaller hills at 10 & 12 miles. Nice downhill finish though. The last 3 miles will become congested with the slower 10k runners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Trevster

eliwallach wrote: »
    Probably a bit tougher; there's a killer hill at 6miles and another few smaller hills at 10 & 12 miles. Nice downhill finish though. The last 3 miles will become congested with the slower 10k runners.

I did the 10k last year and reckon I know the hills at 10 and 12. There was a big hill that lasted for a full mile in Tralee so maybe they even out in terms of toughness. Driving the course on the Friday anyway for a gawk. Thanks

Best of luck to all that are running this...getting close now, looking forward to the "scenic" course...will be a good prep for Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭CorkRunning

For anyone thinking of doing the 10k or the half-marathon, all the details of the race and a full preview of the courses with photos can be seen HERE

• Registered Users Posts: 12 anotherrunner

Really looking forward to this tomorrow (10k) - first race of the year. Hopefully the weather will be as nice as it was last year although there might be some showers. Excellent value and a well run straightforward race.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 anotherrunner

Results up already on precision timing.
    http://www.precisiontiming.net/result/racetimer?v=%252Fen%252Frace%252Fshow%252F1285%253Flayout%253Dprecision_timing

My first time dipping under the 40min mark (on a tough course) even if it did require the most ridiculous sprint finish!! Cringing already at the thought of the finishing line photos.

They laid on great organisation and weather again.

• Advertisement

Enjoyed this event today, even though it was tough and hilly...some real corkers in it, very little flat ground. But really well run and well worth the money, puts me bang on the money where i want to be for the Cork Marathon.
    Remember passing a guy wearing a boards tee-shirt near the top of "mt everest" at mile 6 and he was walking it...hope he got going again.

Anyone giving this a go next Sat morning? I'm back for another crack at that nice hilly course :)

Decided to stick to the flat races this year. Too much of a wimp for the hills! ! I'll train on them but dont like killing myself on them racing. To each their own though as I've a couple o running buddies that love the hilly races.
    Good luck !

Went fine thankfully, not getting up at 3.30am for the Darkness into Light run like last year meant I was better able for the final hill :)

Well organised race yet again and nice challenging course.

Come on Opus...did you beat your last finishing time? ?

mr.wiggle wrote: »
    Come on Opus...did you beat your last finishing time? ?

~2 mins ahead of last year but I wasn't really chasing a time tbh. Just wanted to finish in reasonable shape and not have to walk up that last sharp hill like last time.

Not being held this year :(
    Status for 2015

Posted on February 8, 2015
    There are currently no plans to hold the Bandon Half Marathon and 10k in 2015.

We are sorry if this has disappointed our many supporters and sponsors who have enjoyed participating in this event over the last number of years. We thank you for your support and we wish you well in your 2015 running endeavors.

Advertisement