Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking fees in Tax Office!

Options
  • 09-04-2013 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭

I'm really pi$$ed off with this! Not because of the costs, but because of the blatant lack of communication and respect for the public.

I normally use the Tax Office car park on Saturdays as I'm only in Navan for less than 1 hour. This car park is handy and is, up until recently, free on Saturdays and Sundays.

Last Saturday I drove in but the barrier was down and then opened automatically. Before I drove in I had a good look at the big sign on the front gate and caught note of the "Saturday and Sunday Free" section, continued in and parked. When leaving though, the Exit barrier did not open! I was then forced to pay €3 to get out.

I'm just so angry and the miscommunication here and lack of respect for commuters. Did someone not think to put up a sign informing people of the new changes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Well if there is a sign there saying free on Saturday and Sunday then I guess you'd be entitled to your €3 back.

What have the car park owners to say about it? Perhaps it was a mistake that the barrier wasn't raised as it normally is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

That's what I'm trying to find out. Who owns the car park. Is it the Tax office or Navan county council?

Anyway, I have already mailed the motor tax office to try and get some information.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭maco12

im sure they care....and yeah I reckon yer entitles to yer money back..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

chewed wrote: »
    That's what I'm trying to find out. Who owns the car park. Is it the Tax office or Navan county council?

Anyway, I have already mailed the motor tax office to try and get some information.

The one on railway street?

It's definitely Meath County Council.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

it is still free on sat and sun... i reckon one of the staff just didnt lock open the barrier... it has happened to me before. Its just a simple mistake.

You will get your money back... just ring the main reception of the council as they are useless at answering emails promptly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭maco12

could be a ploy to raise funds to fill in the potholes!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

Access wrote: »
    it is still free on sat and sun... i reckon one of the staff just didnt lock open the barrier... it has happened to me before. Its just a simple mistake.

You will get your money back... just ring the main reception of the council as they are useless at answering emails promptly.

Eventually got through! Yes, it was a fault in the system and they will reimburse anyone who had to pay! A cheque for €3 is on the way...woo hoo! :)

I'm just glad that it's still free on the weekend.

Advertisement