Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do in Balbriggan when unemployed?

Options
  • 09-04-2013 10:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭

Was made redundant last week after working the last 15 years and after only 2 day at home I have nothing to do. The OH works 5 days a week and we have no kids so I have plenty of free time. Obviously I want to get a job asap but I need to find something to do in the meantime. Not long living in Balbriggan so don't know if there is anything to do? I'm only in my early 30's. Is there any courses/classes etc that people can recommend? There is only so many walks/runs I can do in a day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

It's a lovely part of the city to get involved in photography. You don't even have to spend a lot of money on a camera. A cheap second hand film would do wonders. It would get you up early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭hyperborean

Sorry to hear that, hope you find something soon.

Anyway, you could check out the local sites for activities

http://www.balbriggan.info/
    http://www.balbriggan.ie/
    http://www.balbriggan.net/

Lots of info here, good luck

Personally if I had some free time I would spend some of it on a long stroll across the back beach to gormanstown, better than any meditation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Friends of Autism Charity shop and help out there, doing collection , delieverys.There is also a clothes shop accross the road from Super valu?

Meals on wheels are always looking for volunteers as well.
    You wont be board with either choice.
    Best of luck,Cathy

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Start a training program and diet. Will keep your mind active. The paleo diet and the convict conditioning are good and are easy to start.
    You Could paint the house
    Udacity provide free online course's which can help pass a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

U could always join a gym.when I was made redundant I found it a great way to burn a couple of hours a day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭cbreeze

Umpalumpa wrote: »
    U could always join a gym.when I was made redundant I found it a great way to burn a couple of hours a day.

Free stuff: local library will have the papers and computers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭ryaner1979

Thanks for the help folks. Have somehow managed to get a job. Long distance commute but still better than sitting at home

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭HarrietD

ryaner1979 wrote: »
    Thanks for the help folks. Have somehow managed to get a job. Long distance commute but still better than sitting at home

Congratulations - Best of Luck.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Congratulations :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Well done, tbf with the attitude you showed here didn't look like you'd be out of work for too long...

• Advertisement
Advertisement