Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marketing Site for Startup

• 09-04-2013 10:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I am working in a startup company with 2 others and we have recently launched a web application and an associated marketing page. I would appreciate your comments and reviews of the marketing page. (TaskMessenger)

I won't go into any detail explaining what the application does because the idea of the marketing page is to explain that to potential new users.

Asides from your feedback on the marketing page, I would like to know if you think that we missing any information. In other words, after looking at the site, do you know what TaskMessenger does?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭akagaby

Nice and clean looking.
    I would center the pricing tables. And i thing users expect the navigation arrows for the slider to have a fixed position. There is something that doesn't fit on screens under 360px width(the pricing tables i think) . A bit of meta description should also help you.
    You also have a few extra </p> </strong> </div> </footer> tags. Have a quick look trough your code. Some say (and i agree) that you should have no more than one H1 tag on a page, and you should use the H tags hierarchy properly.

Best of luck with the project .

........and yes. Users will understand what task messenger does :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

Thanks akagaby for looking at the site and for the suggestions.

I could spend days looking at the site and not see what someone else would see at first glance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭akagaby

To be honest, none of the "problems" i was mentioning are gonna stop you from getting clients :)
    Users don't care about minor things that are not 100% correct in the background. So I wouldn't go out of my way to fry the small fish.

Try some ads on LinkedIn, so all the company bosses become aware of your tool.

Hope you get lots of clients (for the paid version)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

Lovely site. Few things that I would consider.

The H1 "Manage your to-do list, share tasks with your team, pick up tasks" is not strong enough. My attention was immediately drawn to "you can now add dropbox....". Not a major thing but I think your message should be loud and clear. People tend to read from left to right so maybe swap the position with the video. Tell the user your message then let them view the video if they want. I'd also increase the whitespace around this section. Here is a great article on whitespace

I'd also make your testimonial stand out more. In fact I scrolled by it the first time. This is hugely important, especially for a startup.

Nice work on the site and the app. Looks great and well done. Hope you get loads of users.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

Hi All,

Thanks very much for the feedback. We went along with a lot of the suggestions (http://www.taskmessenger.com/).

I think that you would all agree, after awhile you no longer see your site as a new user sees the site. So it was great to get your comments.

We were demoing last night in the Dublin Beta event and all went well! Hopefully onwards and upwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭IRE60

Ballyv24

In your theme.css file - line 501/502

You have:

#pricing .price_wrapper.pro {
    position: relative;
    top: -20px;
    height: 420px;
    z-index: 9;
    box-shadow: 0px 0px 5px 4px #E8E8E8;

The -20px is shifting the 'free panel' in pricing up above the "contact us"

Kill the -20 or make them both -20

I cant criticize the site at all - very nice, its just things like that freak me out!

C

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭BmCon

I think the home page is way too long. "I Scroll you long time".
    If I had that site!! VIDEO on the home page.. I don't want to scroll to read about it I don't have time!!
    Tell me what you are selling!! It screams "Video!"

The other stuff I see has been covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭BmCon

WOW!! that is so bad.. you have a video and I never seen that it is a video.
    simple fix on that!
    Edit the video to have a start frame.. say something like "Play Video!".

:)

Advertisement