Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vamo problems

Options
  • 09-04-2013 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

I have a new vamo from ESI which has worked fine for the last few weeks but now it is no longer a vv device:confused:. Has anyone experienced simular problems with a vamo. Regardless of what voltage you set it to it gives out a constant 3.2 volts (checked with multimeter)I know there have been issues with springs and rattles ect but i cant find anyone with the problem i have, and if its a faulty device anyone had experiences with ESI regarding after sales service?.

Any thoughts appreciated

B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

ESI customer service is second to none. If you are having problems just drop them an email.

I got my vamo second hand (don't know where it was purchased) but have never had that issue. Could just be a faulty mod that you were unlucky to get

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Does it behave the same in VW mode? Is it set to RMS or AVG mode?
    1: Output Voltage from 3.0V to 6.0V, adjusting the working volt +- 0.1V by pressing + and - buttons.
    2: Keep pressing the + button more than 3 sec, LCD screen displays the present working resistance.
    3: Keep pressing the - button more than 3 sec, the LCD screen showing the battery volt.
    4: 5X click, LCD screen displays " on " or " off ".
    5: Output power 3W~15W.
    6: Max Armature Current 5A.
    7: on/off Mode allows you to shut the unit off completely.
    8: Reverse battery protection keeps circuit safe if the battery is installed backward.
    9: Battery Monitoring shuts the unit off once battery has reached end of charge.
    10: Amperage limiting system protects against over current situations.
    11: Thermal Monitoring shuts the device off if it detects a high temperature condition.
    12: Fit atomizers with resistance 1.5~5.0ohm.
    13: Time limit protection function, it will shut down with more than 10s each puff.
    14: LCD displays " LO-Ω" if resistance lower than 1.2ohm, "LO-V" if short circuit. BTW, VAMO support both AVG or RMS, keep pressing " +" button more than 10sec, if LCD screen displays 001 means AVG, 002 means RMS, loose the " +" button and keep pressing it more than 10sec, you may change AVG to RMS or RMS to AVG

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭banger01

Thanks for the replys
    Think I will wait untill I get home and try with a new battery see if I have some how put in a battery I thought was charged but was'nt,
    Lucutus
    In RMS mode, and same output in VV and VW mode.
    Hope its a doh! moment on my behalf with the battery :eek: if not looks like an electronics problem.
    I will update later.

its looking like

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭unblvlblkult

banger01 wrote: »
    In RMS mode, and same output in VV and VW mode.

How do you measure with multimeter? Just thinking if it's from centre-pin to body or across a load would make a difference esp. in VW mode... I think

Update. Well not a battery issue, tried a fresh battery last night same result.
    'unblvlblkult' Yes I know what your saying I cant realy test it in VW with a Multimeter but the vaper production ect is exactly the same in VW mode regardless of of what wattage I set it to
    I think an email to ESI is next step.
    Thanks again for the replys and am guessing its not a common issue or there would have been more.

Thanks B

• Advertisement

Update... Vamo is dead and not repairable.... ESI have offered a refund or something else if im interested, slow in replying to emails I must say :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

That's a result.

Maybe put in a few extra quid and get a Sigelei Zmax? ESI should have them soon as they've been added to the site for a few days now, they must be expecting them in, have heard nhothign bad about them.

Yes the Zmax is getting great reviews, think I will be getting one when they come in, they were not on the site when i asked esi if they would give me a UDT-L 510 Mod, and a Kanger pro tank in exchange for the vamo, think thats still ok as a UDT will be a reliable go to fixed voltage unit, and the zmax can be my next months pressi to myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

banger01 wrote: »
    Update... Vamo is dead and not repairable.... ESI have offered a refund or something else if im interested, slow in replying to emails I must say :(

The odd time ESI can be slow to reply. They're a small operation like all the Irish vendors are and at busy times it can happen. Good news is I read on facebook they're getting new staff in soon so that problem should be sorted. Sorry to hear about your Vamo, mines been working great since I got it. It was the SS version so I dunno maybe they made them better? The new telescopic mod they have for €65 has had great reviews, that the and evic are good.

Advertisement