Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

life after xbox

• 09-04-2013 11:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

A really interesting article by a former MS game designer turned reborn indie developer.
    There is a form to modern console games.

The game is a product and consistency, much like that found in McDonalds fries, results in repeat purchases.

http://kotaku.com/life-after-xbox-471234010

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

My money was on a former Rare dev by the end of the first section, interesting to see it's the guy behind Triple Town. Good article though, nice to see more devs escape that kind of studio atmosphere and go on to create games they enjoy making. Rather interesting to note that he left Epic just before the release of Unreal back in the 90s, I wonder would staying have altered his opinion on this in any way.

As an aside, I'd recommend you don't read the comments section as per usual. :(

Advertisement