Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sennheiser PX100-11 open back headphones

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Bought this earphone last September for £30 off Amazon. Good performer for my (non-audiophile) ears.

Have passed on this price to friends who may be interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭b318isp

I swear by the first generation of these - they are truly excellent. Reports say that the Mk. II are not quite as good - but for that price they are a steal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I guess since these are open back they leak a lot of noise?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

draffodx wrote: »

Yeah they do.

draffodx wrote: »

I use the PX100s in the office at reasonable volume and the leakage low - low enough to be acceptable to those around me. I use Grado GR60s too, which are far worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Xivilai

Have had two pairs of these in the past - great headphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Boogietime

adox wrote: »
    Only £19.99 on Amazon. I bought a pair of the original version a few years ago for €50 and they are brilliant and are still working to this day. Seems like a great price:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002VPDOH8/ref=nosim/?tag=hotukdeals-21

I am a sennheiser user for many years with px100 and I can confirm that the sound and build quality is over the top. As an audiophile I can't get aby better headphones at their original price or travel/jogging.
    I really couldn't praise them enough. Go ahead and buy a pair because for this money they are a steal indeed!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Price is back up to £34.70 now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Fnz

Thirdfox wrote: »

See "More Buying Choices" on the right-hand side of the page - still available to buy 'from Amazon' for £20.

2-4 week estimate on dispatch, though.

Thirdfox wrote: »

If that would be my budget I wouldn't hesitate to buy the same pair. I just can't get enough from the sound quality and I'm a dude who listens music from Handel (great spacial fidelity) to rick ross (superbass from neodmium magnet) to progressive house. Yeah, the good kind of house... To dubstep aswell.

All in one day and still loving the way every instrument comes off this masterpiece of a headphone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,947 ✭✭✭long_b

Have had many pairs of the PX200 and think they're amazing.
    Am stuck for a pair at the moment but just CANNOT bring myself to buy a set of open headphones.

Commuting or in the office - leaky headphone people must be stopped !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭Chewabacca

Good headphones, sound is very good.

Be careful though because, as with all sennheisers from my experiences, the headphone jack is very dodgy. The sound went in one ear after less than 6 months of usage. I know a few people with the same headphones and the same has happened.

They have a 2 year warranty but I contacted sennheiser and they told me I had to go to the retailer to have them replaced. I bought them off adverts so I'm out of luck.

Good, compact headphones but the cable is a worry.

^ This is true for most cans, not just Sennheisers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Ive had mine for approx 5 years and the only thing I have replaced is the ear foams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

The older versions had better jacks. I haven't had 100s in a few years, use 200s now but the 100s were great and they're really comfortable too.

Chewabacca wrote: »
    Good headphones, sound is very good.

Be careful though because, as with all sennheisers from my experiences, the headphone jack is very dodgy. The sound went in one ear after less than 6 months of usage. I know a few people with the same headphones and the same has happened.

They have a 2 year warranty but I contacted sennheiser and they told me I had to go to the retailer to have them replaced. I bought them off adverts so I'm out of luck.

Good, compact headphones but the cable is a worry.

I do submit. I have px 200-ii at the moment and I already soldered my own jack.
    Same with previous pair(px100-ii).
    But the rest is still grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

I have both these and the Koss Porta Pros. I'd recommend the Porta Pros over them every time to be honest but both are great. Porta Pros are an acquired taste looks wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭Chewabacca

b318isp wrote: »
    ^ This is true for most cans, not just Sennheisers.

I've had 2 pairs of sennheisers and the jack has went within a few months on both. I've since had cheaper headphones that lasted much longer.

The problem with them is there is no flexible part where the wire meets the jack. This means it's constantly snagging and eventually gets damaged. Most people I know who have bought sennheisers have the same issue.

It's an acceptable problem for headphones that are a tenner but Sennheiser pride themselves on making top quality gear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I haven't had that problem on any of my head phones including the Sennheisers I have. I wonder is it how you use/store them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭smilerf

Got me a pair of Jvc flats for 16 euro. Well happy. Great for the money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,947 ✭✭✭long_b

BostonB wrote: »
    I haven't had that problem on any of my head phones including the Sennheisers I have. I wonder is it how you use/store them.

I've had the same issue with my second last pair of PX 200 IIs, and PX 200s before that.

Fortunately Amazon are very decent with returns

Used and stored out of the case cos really, who carries the case ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Seems to have gone to £26 from Amazon, still 2-4 weeks dispatch time

Advertisement