If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rega rp1

Options
  • 09-04-2013 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

I'm looking for a new turntable to upgrade from a pioneer pl990 and I'm presuming the Rega RP1 would be a significant improvement. I have a Yamaha rxv 667 amp and Q acoustics 1030i floorstanders (all from you guys), listening to mainly rock and metal.
    Does the price include the performance pack on the turntable and does it come with a dust cover? Do you know a better fit around that price for the music and system I have?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi guys

I'm looking for a new turntable to upgrade from a pioneer pl990 and I'm presuming the Rega RP1 would be a significant improvement. I have a Yamaha rxv 667 amp and Q acoustics 1030i floorstanders (all from you guys), listening to mainly rock and metal.
    Does the price include the performance pack on the turntable and does it come with a dust cover? Do you know a better fit around that price for the music and system I have?
    ISTL,

many thanks for your post and the answer is ..YES! - ANY of the Rega turntables would be a huge improvement over your Pioneer! although from memory the 667 does not have a dedicated turntable input so )unless you already have one) you will need a small step up transformer.

The RP1 comes in 2 guises, Standard, which is a really excellent turntable at £229.95 and the RP1 Performance pack at £299.95

They both include a clear lid.

Honestly we also stock the Project range but I'd go for the Rega every day of the week!

Those prices include delivery to Dublin..

If you did need a dedicated Phono transformer there are two great options - there is the Rega MM2 phono pre-amp at £84.95 but I would go for the Cambridge Audio 551P at £69.95 which is a really excellent unit and will further improve the quality of your analogue audio:
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/phono-pre-amps/cambridge-audio/azur-551p/camb-551p-blk

These are all available from stock and please don't hesitate to drop me a line if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭iseethelight

ISTL,

many thanks for your post and the answer is ..YES! - ANY of the Rega turntables would be a huge improvement over your Pioneer! although from memory the 667 does not have a dedicated turntable input so )unless you already have one) you will need a small step up transformer.

The RP1 comes in 2 guises, Standard, which is a really excellent turntable at £229.95 and the RP1 Performance pack at £299.95

They both include a clear lid.

Honestly we also stock the Project range but I'd go for the Rega every day of the week!

Those prices include delivery to Dublin..

If you did need a dedicated Phono transformer there are two great options - there is the Rega MM2 phono pre-amp at £84.95 but I would go for the Cambridge Audio 551P at £69.95 which is a really excellent unit and will further improve the quality of your analogue audio:
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/phono-pre-amps/cambridge-audio/azur-551p/camb-551p-blk

These are all available from stock and please don't hesitate to drop me a line if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks John

I'm just waiting to hear back from a mate who may have one for sale, the amp remote has a button for phono and there are inputs labeled phono on the back  on the back. I presume this means I won't need a pre amp.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Thanks John

I'm just waiting to hear back from a mate who may have one for sale, the amp remote has a button for phono and there are inputs labeled phono on the back  on the back. I presume this means I won't need a pre amp.
    Hmmm I was sure that the 667 didn't have Phono input - but it would be great if I was wrong - it won't do any harm to try it any which way - if its a standard line input - it will just sound low - but it does sound like it has all the requisite bits so just keep us posted!

Thanks again,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.