Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Place to live in Dublin, convenient to Naas

Options
  • 09-04-2013 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, yet another "I'm a culchie, tell me where to live" thread.

Myself and the OH are hoping to move into Dublin probably by start of June. We've been living in Maynooth for the past year but feel very isolated and detached from everything there, so we'd like to be a bit closer to our friends in the city and stuff to go to. I work in the city centre near O'Connell st and would be commuting by bus or Luas. He works in Naas and drives.

From what we've seen I guess that somewhere in a nicer area of Tallaght might be suitable, or maybe Templeogue or even Dundrum (although those seem very expensive to me). To be honest - we haven't much of a clue of where would be convenient to us for commuting but also a nice area, without us paying over a grand a month for a poky little apartment.

Please share your wisdom folks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

TBH his commute to Naas isn't a problem. We live in Templeogue & my missus does it every day and it takes about 25 mins and you are going against the traffic.

If you are working near O'Connell St and using public transport then the Red Luas line would be ideal as its a lot better than using buses so if you could find somewhere you are happy with near it that would be great for you. If not and you are happy to spend an hour each way on a bus then the likes of Templeogue/Knocklyon/Terenure/Rathfarnam would also be a choice but probably stretch your rent budget I would think?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Walkinstown? The Naas Road runs into it and you could catch one of ~6 buses into the city centre. Rents would be relatively cheap I'd imagine as it's not an overly fashionable area - most people I meet from outside of Dublin wouldn't even have heard of it were it not for the big scary roundabout :pac:

Advertisement