Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

4G mobile broadband speeds 'doubling' in UK

• 09-04-2013 12:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭

The EE (Everything Everywhere) 4G mobile network in the UK say they are doubling mobile broadband speeds in several UK cities. They claim speeds of more than 20Mbps using 4G: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-22076500

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭stooge

yes, my friend in london sent me a screenshot of him getting 18.2MBPs DL on the way home from work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

The downside now there's a high price for the privilege of 4G. It seems like a re-run of the time when 3G was the cool thing and the networks ripped people off with data charges.
    Interesting comment in the Telegraph online from Tom Finland an EE customer:
    Tom Finland Today 07:52 AM
    You're best to wait till the others enter the market. I deeply regeret joining EE. The costs for using data abroad is mind bogglingly high and at least ten times higher than the other networks. One imagines they're fleecing the early adoptors tho I imagine they'll all be legging it as soon as they can so they can get back to using their phones abroad. I feel so stupid for not checking as I had quite gotten used to checking Wikipedia and using maps whislt visiting family in Europe. AVOID EE. There's not long to wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 joemcd1

I regularly get download speeds of between 10 MBPs and 20 MPBs on EE. That does fluctuate quite a lot. The week before I did get over 50 MBPs at half 6 in the morning. Uploads are normally far more consistent though and tend to hover around 10 MBPs. They are expensive but I use a data-only SIM in my phone (£25 for 8 GB) and all calls from my Three SIM are diverted to it. I use WhatsApp, Viber etc.. for calls and messages so the diversion doesn't bother me.

Advertisement