If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hey Lads - Looking at ONKYOTXNR515 & Boston Acoustics Soundware XS SE Blk

Options
  • 09-04-2013 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭

Hey lads,

At present I haveSony 1000W, old system, lookingupgrade as Just got Epson 9100W Projector.
    Upgrading Amp so ill have Audio thru HDMI, hooking up Wii U, PS3, 360, SKY+

Any good boardieDeal on below and who to call on this, Belfast shop? 
    I see its 468 STG most places with Cables included.
    http://www.richersounds.com/package/system-savers/home-cinema-system-deals/pah01525

Like:
    - Picture-In Picture InstaPrevue as great for Projector
    - Android App
    - 4K Upscale although be years before gets use
    - 7.2 support

Questions?

I need LPCM which I presume this supports for Wii U as only way to get 5.1?

Boston Speakers, they look good but any info on these be appreciated?

For Speakers is it possible to add another 2 Boston Satellites to make it 7.1 and if so do ye do this?

For Issue some seen faulty Models, what come back is there if fault?

What Total Output with Boston 5.1 Package ?
    I think 515 good middle between 313 414 616? But open to suggestions

Thanks All

Appreciated
    Kev

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

kevin2me wrote: »
    Hey lads,

At present I haveSony 1000W, old system, lookingupgrade as Just got Epson 9100W Projector.
    Upgrading Amp so ill have Audio thru HDMI, hooking up Wii U, PS3, 360, SKY+

Any good boardieDeal on below and who to call on this, Belfast shop? 
    I see its 468 STG most places with Cables included.
    http://www.richersounds.com/package/system-savers/home-cinema-system-deals/pah01525

Like:
    - Picture-In Picture InstaPrevue as great for Projector
    - Android App
    - 4K Upscale although be years before gets use
    - 7.2 support

Questions?

I need LPCM which I presume this supports for Wii U as only way to get 5.1?

Boston Speakers, they look good but any info on these be appreciated?

For Speakers is it possible to add another 2 Boston Satellites to make it 7.1 and if so do ye do this?

For Issue some seen faulty Models, what come back is there if fault?

What Total Output with Boston 5.1 Package ?
    I think 515 good middle between 313 414 616? But open to suggestions

Thanks All

Appreciated
    Kev
    Kev,

the best we can do on the Boston XS 5.1 with the Onkyo TXNR515 is £484.95 delivered,

on your queries:

1. Yes the 515 supports LCPM no problem

2. The Bostons are a What Hifi award winner - have a look at the review here (tested at £350): http://www.whathifi.com/Review/Boston-Acoustics-Soundware-XS 

3. We don't normally stock the additional speakers - however on the last series they retailed at £99.95 for the additional pair and I would guess they are approx the same price - I'd be happy to quote this no problem if you wanted to go for a ful 7.1 setup.

4. we have had very few problems with either the TXNR515 or the Boston packs, especially given the volume of these units that we have sold - but they are both covered by a 2 year return to base warranty and we do a 5 year supercare warranty ( http://www.richersounds.com/information/warranties ) for 10% of the purchase price if you want additional comfort.

5. the 515 is rated at 7 * 100 Watts into 8 Ohms (which is a conservative rating)

6. I agree but the 616 does provide a significant upgrade at £569.95..

All available from stock if you would like to order?

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.