Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shop that buy/sell second hand clothes

Options
  • 09-04-2013 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hi. I am moving abroad in 2 months and am doing a big clear out on my wardrobe. I have some lovely dresses that have only been worn once or twice and was thinking of maybe trying to sell them second hand to a shop. I know Portobello has this service in town (they are full at the moment) but was wondering is there any other shop that takes in second hand clothes to sell and you get a percentage of it then. I will be giving a good bit of stuff to the charity shops too,just thought this could be a handy way to get a few extra bob to fund my travels.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks Amy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

There is a place in the Bridge Mills that does exactly what you are looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Put them up on adverts.ie if the shops won't take them.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭amy85

Thanks for that. If one doesn't work i will try the other!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Don't know if Bierhaus have any of their Bar Boot Sales coming up? Or something similar? That might be a way to sell some.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Try galway online jumble on Facebook

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

New 2nd hand shop is opening in Augustine St, where Encore used to be, any day now. Not sure if they're doing on-behalf-of sales or not.

And there's also Encore, now in lower Salthill.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭amy85

Thanks for all the suggestions. Well i wasn't successful in the Bridge mills shop either. My clothes were too wintery (couple of nice black dresses) . was told to come back in the Autumn with them. Unfortunately i will be well gone by then. Portobello is full for another week or that so might try them again.

Checked the car boot sales in Galway but the last one was held on the bank holiday just gone! Anyways still have adverts.ie,might try that!

Advertisement