Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help with interview prep for Kings College IoP MSc in Clinical Forensic Psych

Options
  • 09-04-2013 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Is there anyone on here who is possibly a psych research methods whizz who can assist me in coming up with a research proposal?

I have ideas but my problem lies within research design, stats, data basically all of quantitative methods....I have no other issues within my acadamic skills regarding psychology except the fact that I cannot grasp quantitative research methods, I don't think this should mean I should give up, because I will not give up, but I do need direction!! And I will have a breakdown if I do not get into this Uni.

My proposal will look at psychopathic traits in the community, and how those scoring high on the PPI or LSRP correltate with anxiety levels. this is based on the theory, and actual hard evidence that incarcerated primary psychopaths are protected from mood and anxiety disorders due to characteristic deficits personally and biologically (amygdala activity etc)

My hypothesis would be that those scoring high on primary psychopathic trait measures will score low on any anxiety self rating scale, but those scoring high on secondary psychopathic trait measures will no score as low as those who have primary psychopathic traits. I would also like to incorporate something to do with the BIS/BAS theory by Gray and test his idea that primary psychopaths (or those scoring high on the PPI) have a weak BIS normal BAS and, secondary psychopaths have strong BAS and normal BIS.

I would really appreciate any constructive advice on whether or not I am talking gibberish or could be onto something impressive? ANd if its something doable does anyone know what kind of research design I would need to use? I have a good research methods book I can refer to as long as I know what kind've design it will be.

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

I think your query is far too specific for this forum and besides, it's unlikely you're going to find anyone willing to help you draft a research proposal. This is something you really need to just invest time in yourself, especially if you're serious about pursuing a career in research.

My advice would be to find someone in academia who would be prepared to offer advice - lecturers you had for your undergrad would be a good place to start.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement