Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basel V Spurs

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

If Gallas could get a sniff any fcuking body could!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

If Kaboul hadn't got injured Dawson wouldn't have got a sniff of the first team this season

Maybe, maybe not.

Injuries aren't an unforeseen circumstance, they're par for the course every season for every club, especially Spurs.

Fact is he did get a sniff and he has excelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Ormus wrote: »
    Maybe, maybe not.

Injuries aren't an unforeseen circumstance, they're par for the course every season for every club, especially Spurs.

Fact is he did get a sniff and he has excelled.

It's well believed that the only reason why Dawson stayed was because AVB needed the cover due to Kaboul's injury.

We were very lucky. Just imagine if Kaboul's got that injury early September after Dawson moved to QPR.

Dawson does deserve alot of credit for his attitude, his desire and his commitment to the club. Players with his enthusiasm don't come along often. However, his ability is lacking. He was largely at fault for one of their goals and that's not the only time. But nobody is perfect. I've been a critic of his for as long as I can remember, I must admit though there is very very few players like Dawson anymore.

In saying all that though it still remains that he either would have left the club or would have been third choice centre half if Kaboul's was fit all season. Therefore who knows what the future holds for him in the 2013/2014 season.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭starskey77

do they practice penos spurs when it came to fittness was second best
    adaboyore desperate holtby ran all nite but out of his depth.
    Over the two legs best team won

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

irishmover wrote: »
    It's well believed that the only reason why Dawson stayed was because AVB needed the cover due to Kaboul's injury.

We were very lucky. Just imagine if Kaboul's got that injury early September after Dawson moved to QPR.

Dawson does deserve alot of credit for his attitude, his desire and his commitment to the club. Players with his enthusiasm don't come along often. However, his ability is lacking. He was largely at fault for one of their goals and that's not the only time. But nobody is perfect. I've been a critic of his for as long as I can remember, I must admit though there is very very few players like Dawson anymore.

In saying all that though it still remains that he either would have left the club or would have been third choice centre half if Kaboul's was fit all season. Therefore who knows what the future holds for him in the 2013/2014 season.

Maybe Dawson isn't as fast as Kaboul or as skillful as Vertonghen, but maybe they would have stopped instead of diving in to block that goalbound shot last night. Maybe he doesn't have as much natural ability, but football is about the overall and as a defender he's one of the best we have.

Walker has bags of ability but he's a brutal defender.

• Advertisement
Advertisement