Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop won't boot :(

Options
  • 09-04-2013 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    So yesterday I was just using my laptop which is a Samsung R730 when I heard a whoosh noise from under the laptop and a melody started to continously play. It fully froze so I turned it off and when I turned it on the melody started to play again and it gets stuck on the samsung logo screen. I can't go to restore mode as well. Any ideas what could be wrong? Im thinking it's a messed up hard drive from searching online.
    THanks guys.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

There is that possibility. Can you enter the BIOS? See if the HDD is detected.

Grab UBCD, boot from the CD and run VIVaRD to test the HDD.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭AH92

I can't move from that screen and get to BIOS, I'll try and remove the hard drive and see if it boots without it. Never done it before but looks straightforward on Youtube. Don't have a Boot Cd as well damn :/

Advertisement