Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Henna/Temp Tattoo

Options
  • 09-04-2013 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi,

I am considering getting a tattoo done but maybe it is wise of me to get a temporary one first? Do you know where I can get this done?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

A friend of mine just drew his tattoo on with a pen every day for a while. Most people wait a year (or several) if they're unsure about a tattoo.

Getting ink on your body is a big commitment and should be seen as permanent. I'm not sure having a henna tattoo for a few weeks would make you any more prepared for that.

Having said all that, I'm aware that wasn't what you were asking. I know there are Henna "artists" on Henry street in Dublin, but I have no idea of their standard of work. Perhaps ask at a local studio? They might have an idea of where to find respectable Henna.

Lastly, beware of using black Henna as it stays in your bloodstream and can cause allergic reactions with things like hair dye.

Good luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Unfortunately I don't know of anywhere that does temp tattoos. And afaik any of them will only last to a max of 6 weeks or so.

What I would I recommend is getting the image or a rough outline of what printed out and leave it beside your bed for 6 months or however long it takes. Look at it when you get up and before you go to bed and you'll get some idea whether you'll want it or not.

Advertisement