Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[COMPETITION] Win Tickets to Eddie Izzard at the O2 Thanks to Electric Ireland

Options
  • 09-04-2013 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

The laugh-out-loud comic legend that is Eddie Izzard lands his mammoth Force Majeure world tour in Ireland on May 26th, at the O2.

280x_Image-Only.png?m=1360068887

It's sure to be a gas show, and we're giving away a pair of tickets to one lucky boards member as part of this month's competition.

Speaking of gas (yes yes, you may roll your eyes) we're now sponsoring the show of another gas man - the one and only Graham Norton. Why all this focus on gas? Well, to remind customers that we supply it of course!

To enter the competition for Eddie Izzard tickets, we're not going to ask you to sign up to one of our dual-fuel price plans (though you can if you want :)); instead we'd like you to comment below with a little gas story of your own. And if you can't think of anything, a good-old one-liner will do (but keep it clean!).

Terms and conditions are here, and the competition is open until next Tuesday afternoon. The winner will be announced at about 2pm.

Best of luck!

David

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 B1G Al

Fell asleep during a lecture. Dreamt I was playing some sport or other. Just about to do something dramatic on the playing field. Woke up at that instant shouting something like "WHOOOAAAYYYAAAYYAAAARRRGGGLLLEBARGLE...". Everbody including lecturer staring at me. After a few seconds (seemed like minutes), Lecturer picks up from where I interupted.
    Nobody. Ever. Mentioned it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Jesus Christ

I'm not with Electric Ireland. I have terrible gas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I sent in ten different puns, in the hope that at least one of the puns would win. Unfortunately, no pun in ten did

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Two gas company servicemen, a senior training supervisor and a young trainee were out checking meters in a suburban neighborhood. They parked their truck at the end of the alley and worked their way to the other end. At the last house, a woman looking out her kitchen window watched the two men as they checked her gas meter.[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Finishing the meter check, the senior supervisor challenged his younger co-worker to a foot race down the alley and back to the truck to prove that an older guy could outrun a younger one.[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]As they came running up to the truck, they realized the lady from that last house was huffing and puffing right behind them. They stopped and asked her what was wrong.[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Gasping for breath, she replied, "When I see two gas men running as hard as you two were, I figured I'd better run too![/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭lotsofthegreen

my brother who lives with my uncle just told me told meon the phone  today my uncle got a gas bill of BG for 700euro and that my uncle said "there'd be no heating on in here for a while" - i thought it was so gas i laughed so hard i released gas. True Story

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I always reject Airtricity, because I don't like their uniforms...which has something to do with gas, has it? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Would love to be there to raise the volume, I can imagine it now, Eddies name in big pink Neon letters, that's pure gas!!

PS. My mate Pascal and I are really feeling the pressure at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Cliona99

This is a gas joke about electricity:

Jesus and Satan were having an ongoing argument about who was better on
    his computer. They had been going at it for days, and God was tired of
    hearing all of the bickering. Finally God said, ''Cool it. I am going to set
    up a test that will run two hours and I will judge who does the better job.''
    So down Satan and Jesus sat at the keyboards and typed away. They moused.
    They did spreadsheets. They wrote reports. They sent faxes. They sent
    e-mail. They sent out e-mail with attachments. They downloaded. They did
    some genealogy reports. They made cards. They did every known job. But ten
    minutes before their time was up, lightning suddenly flashed across the sky,
    thunder rolled, the rain poured and, of course, the electricity went off.
    Satan stared at his blank screen and screamed every curse word known in the
    underworld.
    Jesus just sighed.
    The electricity finally flickered back on, and each of them restarted
    their computers. Satan started searching frantically, screaming ''It's gone!
    It's all gone! I lost everything when the power went out!''
    Meanwhile, Jesus quietly started printing out all of his files from the past
    two hours. Satan observed this and became irate. ''Wait! He cheated, how did
    he do it?''
    God shrugged and said, ''Jesus saves.''

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I had an indian for dinner and now I have terrible gas

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭taylorconor95

Did you know they add the smell? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 CiaraOH

Had chicken and chips for lunch in college. Reached for a drink. Majority of my chips spilled off my plate, off my tray and into the drinks fridge. I then had to pick them up and pay for them while the canteen lady laughed at me and other students just stared.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

During a J1 summer in the USA we had an all-night session. When we got home I cooked pasta. While I wasn't watching the lads put in a full bottle of after sun lotion....I ate the whole lot of pasta and after sun lotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭p15574

Q: What do you call onions and beans? 
    A: Tear gas. 

[gets coat...]

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

My girlfriend is disgusted by "natural" gas, so this means she holds it in. But you can't hold it in when you sleep. I took great delight in laughing as she woke herself up with a big pressure release one evening. She didn't see the funny side, maybe she'll find Eddie Izzard funnier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 nobodieshome

I went for an interview recently and took my friends laptop, as the sound on my laptop wasn't working and I needed it to show my portfolio. Not knowing how to use a mac to the best of my ability I somehow clicked on her download of the 'Human Centipede' on her desktop. It started playing and I didn't know how to stop it. The managing director either being an idiot and didn't know it or just being plain cruel asked me to explain what the movie was about. I stumbled through well... it is about a man that soes people together to make a human centipede, attaching their mouth to the next persons a** with one person defecating into the other person's mouth.  The whole thing was gas to say the least and yes well needless to say I didn't get the job. And thats why I deserve these tickets. Pure and utter humiliation. Sigh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭mangledbadgers

How many Electric Ireland people does it take to screw in alight bulb?

41 - 1 to procure the light bulb, 3 to buy new safetyequipment, 2 to take it out of the box, 1 to inspect the bulb, 1 to shake the bulb, 1 to drop the bulb, 1 to order a replacement bulb, 1 to pass the light bulb to the fitter, 1 to pass it back to the electrician, 3 to screw in the bulb, 1 clockwise, 1 anti-clockwise and 1 with a hammer, 1 to hold the electrician on the step ladder, 4 to hold the step ladder steady, 1 supervisor, 1 union rep, 1to turn on the switch, 3 to make tea, 4 to monitor the changeover, 1 to carry out risk assessment, 6 for bulb disposal, and 1 to troubleshoot on boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 26 PCR

Two blondes walk into a bar . . . you would think one of them would have seen it.

A noble gas walks into a bar and the bartender shouts WE DONT SERVE NOBLE GASES"
    The noble gas didnt react......

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭phantom60

I believe we should all pay our gas bills with a smile. I tried - but they wanted cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

What's a Pirates favourite Noble Gas?

Arrrrrgon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mad Benny

Ah jaysus, that's fangastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭seany76

dont have an interesting tale  about gas
    all the best jokes have been posted alas
    so i will just write this little ditty
    hope that you find it witty
    put me in the draw and to eddie me send
    hope i wont laugh too much fart and offend

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Teagwee

Speaking of gas (US style):
    I have my car towed to work because it’s cheaper than buying gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭billbond4

I always find jokes about electricity shockingly bad !

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭pinkbear

True story.... I swear.

My first smear test... I was sick with nerves with the anticipation. I couln't sleep the night before and had a sick tummy all day whenever I thought about it.

When the nurse started working "down there" she kept telling me to relax. Eventually she said "Look you just have to relax completely", so I did, and as she proceeded.... you've guessed it.... gas was released! (And to this day I don't think I've smelled worse). The shame:(

There was a young man Eddie Izzard
    Who's surname rhymed only with lizard
    A gas man was he
    He used electricity
    To light up his torch in a blizzard

A gas boiler repair duck walks into a hotel and says "Do you need any repairs done on your gas boiler?"

"Wow!" exclaimed the receptionist. "You're a talking duck! That's amazing. Hey, there's a travelling circus in town. Go to them! Quick."

A half hour later the duck was back in the hotel.

"How did you get on?" asked the receptionist.

"Waste of time" sighed the duck. "They don't have a gas boiler."

• Registered Users Posts: 17 johanna86

How I can participate in this Contest?
    Hi everyone,

The laugh-out-loud comic legend that is Eddie Izzard lands his mammoth Force Majeure world tour in Ireland on May 26th, at the O2.

It's sure to be a gas show, and we're giving away a pair of tickets to one lucky boards member as part of this month's competition.

Speaking of gas (yes yes, you may roll your eyes) we're now sponsoring the show of another gas man - the one and only Graham Norton. Why all this focus on gas? Well, to remind customers that we supply it of course!

To enter the competition for Eddie Izzard tickets, we're not going to ask you to sign up to one of our dual-fuel price plans (though you can if you want ); instead we'd like you to comment below with a little gas story of your own. And if you can't think of anything, a good-old one-liner will do (but keep it clean!).

Terms and conditions are here, and the competition is open until next Tuesday afternoon. The winner will be announced at about 2pm.

Best of luck!

David

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭kaisersoze

While on a packed train home one evening, there was standing room only..
    I crouched down on my hunkers while reading various websites on my iphone.
    Of course I was reading the amazing offers from Electric Ireland :-)

Anyway, there was a girl hunkered down opposite and she had a look of horror on her face.
    I followed her gaze to see what caused this look of horror only to realise my trousers had split and lets say the mouse had left the house!

Its gas now looking back at it, but at the time, I feel I'm responsible for that image engrained in her mind forever
    :-)

Thanks.
    Kaiser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Louis Jr

Hi everyone,

To enter the competition for Eddie Izzard tickets, we're not going to ask you to sign up to one of our dual-fuel price plans (though you can if you want ); instead we'd like you to comment below with a little gas story of your own. And if you can't think of anything, a good-old one-liner will do (but keep it clean!).

Best of luck!

David
    Seen this competition and said these reps seem like a good bunch..I'm going to sign up NOW :) Will my chance's improve :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement