Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tench??

Options
  • 09-04-2013 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Anyone out for Tench yet and are they awake and on the feed or is it still too cold for a good session!??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

glabousky wrote: »
    Anyone out for Tench yet and are they awake and on the feed or is it still too cold for a good session!??

its still too cold for a good session. This time last year was a different story however.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

I'd say within the next week or two they will start to move around a lot more,,and start going on the feed.

Temps are rising slowly now,,so time to blow the cobwebs off the fishing gear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

MrFrisp wrote: »
    I'd say within the next week or two they will start to move around a lot more,,and start going on the feed.

Temps are rising slowly now,,so time to blow the cobwebs off the fishing gear.

Yep, I can't wait to get out there. The cold weather really messed things up for us this year. Temperatures are set the rise to the mid teens, this week which should make them stir a little. Time to get the rake out and clear out my favourite swim.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 glabousky

ya last year on easter sunday the beaches were packed!!!not this year tho...its still freezing at night here!!!hopefully by the end of the month they will be hungry!!!my favourite species to catch!!pity the season doesnt run a little longer!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pnpweirdo

Anyone else finding tench fishing harder and harder each year. There could be up to 6 fish fizzing away in my swim (not yet this year) but i cannot catch them. I used to catch a few in a session. Last year was just ridiculous I caught 2 tench. I know the feckers are there looking up and laughing at me eaten every bit of bait bar what is on my hook. So frustrating.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

pnpweirdo wrote: »
    Anyone else finding tench fishing harder and harder each year. There could be up to 6 fish fizzing away in my swim (not yet this year) but i cannot catch them. I used to catch a few in a session. Last year was just ridiculous I caught 2 tench. I know the feckers are there looking up and laughing at me eaten every bit of bait bar what is on my hook. So frustrating.

I caught a decent number of tench last year. I did experience your scenario on a few occasions though. I vividly remember one occurrence where the bubbles were within 1 ft of my float non-stop for about an hour and I didn't catch one. To be fair, the area I was fishing was probably over-fished. It was definitely overfed, I didn't even use ground bait on some occasions, as I witnessed people throwing in bucket loads of ground bait at times.

Advertisement