Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI: VISA Debit Card Security 014885466

Options
  • 09-04-2013 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,
    I got a phone call to my mobile this morning from a BLOCKED number, and i ignored it, they then left a voice mail, stating they where from VISA Debit Card Security, and to call them back on 014885466 and quote a reference number, they lady that left the voice mail seemed to not be from Ireland, and almost spoke in a confused tone.

A couple seconds later, a text message came to my phone from +353 87 178 3782 pretty much asking me the same thing, to contact them, and quote the reference number.

This all seemed a little dodgy to me, as this has never happened to me before, ive never got a missed called from BOI from a blocked number, and never got a text from a standard "087" number asking me to call them with a reference number..

Perhaps you could shed some light on this? - i'm reluctant to call them back?

Robert

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi again Robert,

The number you are quoting is a genuine number. If you are worried at all you can call Banking 365's main number and a representative will be happy to transfer you to the Security department though.

Thanks a million
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭oB1

Hi again Robert,

The number you are quoting is a genuine number. If you are worried at all you can call Banking 365's main number and a representative will be happy to transfer you to the Security department though.

Thanks a million
    Linda
    Hi Linda,

Thanks - ok, so it's all genuine? - there is a department that does this?

Thanks for confirming,

Robert

Yes Robert, it appears to be genuine and we do have a Security Department who make outbound calls to customers. As advised if you are worried, please call Banking 365's public number and a representative will be happy to assist.

Thanks again
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭oB1

Yes Robert, it appears to be genuine and we do have a Security Department who make outbound calls to customers. As advised if you are worried, please call Banking 365's public number and a representative will be happy to assist.

Thanks again
    Linda
    Thanks Linda.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭davemeade1

This post has been deleted.
    Agreed

I myself and many people i know generally don't answer calls from blocked numbers. Why does it have to be blocked? It's not the only department within BOI using blocked numbers either

Hi davemeade1,

Thank you for posting.

This issue has been brought up before and we have passed on the feedback to our Telephone Department who is currently looking into if it is possible to change it.

Thanks again
    Linda

Advertisement