Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI IN NAVAN - REPULSIVE STAFF MEMBER

Options
  • 09-04-2013 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭

This is just a message for all business customers in the NAVAN Branch. The official position from ONE OBNOXIOUS MEMBER of staff is that they do NOT want your money after 3.30 p.m.

Made business lodgement with docket and was embarrassed on front of everyone that I should be in by 3.30 or I will be REFUSED lodging cash, even thought they close at 4.

Reason being the Business lodgement section closes at 3.30 for TRAINING and I'd love to know what training is going on exactly. The woman behind the counter was just disgusting in her customer manner and point blank WARNED me that my business lodgement would be REFUSED!!! Seriously, REFUSED!!

We're customers there for the longest time and she was just DISGUSTING in her approach.

@g furious right now!

M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

move your business account to other bank if you are so furious. and outline the reasons why.

Simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭buzz11

You should post this in the "talk to" forum where BOI have section....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Mongarra

Friend with an account in B of I Wexford was told recently they would accept cash lodgements from sometime this month (I'm not sure of date) on Friday mornings only, but at least he was warned in advance.

It seems customer service is a thing of the past. Oh the arrogance of the banks:mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭malene

There's a good few bits and bobs llinked into the account and it would be messy to move, but the big question is "is the golden rule at BOI that businress customers with paper lodgements slips can F**k O** after 3.30". It's bit rich and to be told that in an not so pleasant way is incredible!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Mongarra

listermint wrote: »
    move your business account to other bank if you are so furious. and outline the reasons why.

Simple.

As far as I know all banks have the same intention as regards cutting back on customer service. It is just B of I who are ahead of the others with implementation.

• Advertisement

Not everone uses cards, I wish they would realise that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

OP, the teller is just implementing the rules, its not their fault however if they annoyed you that much make a complaint.

There is a good few treads about the new cash lodgement processes in BOI at the moment. Like i said before some common sense would be great but they are only doing what they are told and I'm afraid saying no to a customer is always going to lead to some angst.

It appears these changes have been well issued in advance so It should not be a surprise to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Mongarra wrote: »
    As far as I know all banks have the same intention as regards cutting back on customer service. It is just B of I who are ahead of the others with implementation.

An intelligent branch manager will identify these "counter hungry" customers to see if they can do their banking via an alternative channel. However in my experience some customers do not wish to change and still come in 5 mins before close with their large lodgements.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 581 ✭✭✭phoenix999

You should have done your bit and given a little rant in front of the customers. She might think twice before treating customers like serfs in future. Staff can be civil and gently remind customers of the rules. No excuse for downright rudeness.

I honestly was stunned when she said it and only really got angry when I got home, thinking that why should I have to listen to that sh1t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Imagine if you turned up at the "10 items or less" checkout in the supermarket with 11 items in your basket and the cashier refused your business...

All banks are cutting back on teller service and making people queue in an effort to keep them out of the branches - if you want to play, you have to play by their rules..

Some bright spark needs to invent an integrated cash weighing/lodgement machine...

We will all be self-scanning our cheque lodgements before long I'd say...
    I'm with Danske bank and this would actually be an improvement on the current service via An Post..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 581 ✭✭✭phoenix999

Even the lodgement machines are a joke now. I stood behind a guy last week who had to scan and lodge 10 cheques and cash. I just walked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Moved, to where a BOI representative can address your concerns.

Giving her a verbal warning would do me to be honest, she needs to be retrained in diplomacy and customer relations.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

malene wrote: »
    Giving her a verbal warning would do me to be honest, she needs to be retrained in diplomacy and customer relations.

'Counter Hungry' must be the worst description of a customer I have ever heard and thats after all long time in retail.

Bank charges are resulting in customers using cash more, resulting on retailers having to lodge more cash. 

The customer didn't come in 5 mins before closing time, they came 35 mins before closing time. The bank already has a policy to stop customers from delaying the closing up procedures. 

OP, if you have a few messy bits that would be hard to move, then let you experience be a wake up notice to you to start getting these things tied up so you can have a choice who you deal with. Get yourself in order so if the time comes that your bank doesn't deserve your customer you can move. 

I want a representative here to tell me what 'training' is done for 30 minutes per week. Considering we hold training for 220 staff working 3 shifts over 24 hours.  We cover  40 modules and it takes  1 hour per month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi Malene,

We are sorry to hear you feel you have had a bad experience with one of our branches.  We have referred this on to the Navan branch.  We will post back here if we receive any further information. 

Thanks for taking the time to bring this to our attention.

Linda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi wmpdd3,

Thanks for posting.

In branch training covers a variety of topics designed to brief staff on internal changes and developments. Along with standard agenda items, there are also region specific issues that need to be discussed.

As for specific agenda items, we are not in a position to go into these on a public forum.

Thanks

Billy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi Malene,

We have spoken to the Navan branch and they confirmed the new closing times for their secure cash area came into effect on the 2/01/2013. 

They have assured us that there were notices clearly displayed in the branch at the end of 2012  and their staff advised customers of the change.  We understand that the opening hours continue to be displayed on the door to the secure cash area.

The Navan branch have told us they are more than happy to discuss this with you the next time you are in the branch, or if you want to PM us your contact details we can arrange a call back for you.

Regards
    Linda   

I am well aware of the 3.30 closing time for secure cash, but am I to understand that BOI do not want Business customers to lodge cash from a paper lodgement slip after 3.30?

p.s I appreciate the replies from BOI here. But the bitchiness of the staff member was totally inexcusable. She should be pulled from front of house staff and put away from customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi malene,

In branches that have a secure cash area business customers are required to lodge in that area if it cannot be fulfilled through self-service. This would need to be done before secure cash is closed otherwise you would not be able to make the lodgement. 

As Linda mentioned above, if you would like to pm us we can arrange a call back from the branch to discuss your unhappiness with how you feel the member of staff treated you.

Thanks
    Tara

• Advertisement

Ok thanks,. it just seems unfair that business customers are discriminated against after 3.30. Anyway, thanks for replies.

Advertisement